1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue i think my universe is corrupted

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Edek', Mar 2, 2019.

1. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone !
    First, sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language :/

I explain you my problem :
    Yesterday i start my game and choose my only character. When the loading is complete I can see all my ship is empty, but upgraded like the last time. Thanks to a tutorial by Trinosaur i recover my ship with .shipworld file (BAK1..).

But a problem stay, when i try to teleport on my "planet" where i put a teleporter, the game crash on the yellow lightning loading screen.
    I can't travel in other solar system. When i try, the ship just don't move and i can move into my ship, etc..
    In the solar system where i am, i can travel but when i beem down on visisted planet the game crash too.
    But in an unvisited planet the game doesn't crash.
    I can also teleport on the 2 Ark's teleporter with no problem.

I try to fix the UID like Trinosaur show in her tutorial, but when i modify the .player file, when i go choose my character, i can't find this one, i can't modify the .player file.
    I try a lot of things with the universe.dat, .player file, but my bug stay.

That's why I need your help, thank you very much for read my problem and i wait with hope your responses !
    Thank you and have a good day !

Edek.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install.

3. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

Oh sorry, here it is.

Attached Files:

4. Iris Blanche

Did you remove some mods before the issue started to happen?

Also can you provide a log when the planet issue happened (simply reproduce the crash on with the planet and attach the log afterwards)? The provided log only shows errors with your shipworld.

5. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

No i don't remove mods. I have just 5 mods :
    - Music Collection
    - Tobu Music
    - Extended Songbook
    - Musical Merchants
    - Hunger disabler for Survival

That's the starbound.log after the crash (when i try to go on my planet with the teleporter above).

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

The log doesnt show any error. It just cuts off at the point where starbound tries to load the world file. Do you receive a specific error message? If yes can you make a screenshot of it?

7. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

I don't receive any message, the game just crash, sometimes just before the windows close, i see the Chucklefish logo (like when i start the game).

8. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

if you have discord, try disabling the discord overlay for starbound

9. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

I unactive the Discord Overlay for Starbound and now the game don't crash directly, it freeze and after a windows message appear : Starbound stopped working.. (i don't know if the translation is good for this message, i have french windows version).

10. Iris Blanche

Can you provide a new log?

Also try adding Starbound to the exception list of your antivirus software. In some cases this helped some users.

11. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

I can't make exception with my antivirus software but i don't think the problem is from my antivirus. I desable my antovirus and try again, but it's the same.
    I try to unauthorize the connexion (out and in) on the firewall but it's the same..

The new log file :

Attached Files:

12. Iris Blanche

The problem is that the log doesnt give any error message on its own so it might be some 3rd party software that is interfering or starbound is caught in some loop.
    Which software runs besides starbound?

13. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

Mmmhh, Discord, Google Chrome sometimes, Glary Utilities, AVG Free Antivirus, Steelseries Engine 3, and basic little software from Windows.
    I want to specify, i'm on Windows 7 64 bits, with i5-4460 CPU (3.2 GHz), 8 Go RAM DDR3, KFA2 GTX 1060 OC 6 Go, Asus H97 Plus (motherboard).
    And my game is on a extern HDD, maybe it's the problem ?

14. Iris Blanche

Being on an external hdd might cause longer loading times depending on the connection type (USB2, USB3, etc)
    It might be worth checking on another drive and waiting a little bit. Maybe starbound is still loading the world when windows says its frozen.

15. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

I try to uninstall / reinstall the game, change the folder, verify the game via Steam.. But the same bug appear..
    I really don't know for why, maybe because i play on 2 PC (one for the week at my home, the other for studing) ?

I see an error in log, it's possible the bug come from that : "[Error] Cannot set Steam achievement kill10poptops [12:47:49.887]" ?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
  16. Iris Blanche

This error is unrelated. It seems to be an outdated achievement.
    Since the planet still refuses to load it might be corrupted. Can you provide the world file via dropbox or sth? According to the logs the file should be named "206660141_-532393147_-98682747_10.world"

17. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

Okay i give you these files, but i think it's all my universe corrupted, because when I try to travel in other solar system my ship don't move, the map of solar systems bug sometimes (solar systems disappeay..).

https://mega.nz/#F!JUpSQSwY!chwkdMdWXuMHDZyH1-hfww

18. Iris Blanche

The files load fine for me. No issues when beaming down. I highly assume that a 3rd party software is interfering and causing issues for you. Try closing any software that doesnt need to run besides starbound.

19. Edek'

Edek' Void-Bound Voyager

I'm going to try with my laptop on Windows 10, i edit this message tonight for more informations.
    Thank you for your help !

Edit : Okay in my other computer the same bug appear, but no message from Windows 10, maybe it's my universe who is broken (different from my .player uid).

Last edited: Mar 3, 2019
    Iris Blanche likes this.
  20. Iris Blanche

The world files are fine. Dunno about the system file itself. You could also try deleting the "universe.chunks" file. (Make a backup before deleting it, or simply rename it)