1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

I quit Starbound and now it doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Helpmeplease, Dec 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

When I launch my character it works for 10-15 seconds and then crashes. I tried moving the player folder out and starting a new character and it works perfectly fine until I move the player folder back into the game files and when I launch it it crashes again. So there is a problem with my character files and i've tried everything. And it's really annoying since the character is on hardcore with tier 4 equipment.

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please provide your starbound.log located in the storage folder of your starbound install. Without the log its impossible to help.

3. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

Is this the one?

Attached Files:

4. Nexus Of Chaos

Nexus Of Chaos Parsec Taste Tester

Code:
    Caused by: (DBException) Internal exception! block 2634 missing free index block marker!
    you have a block in some world that no longer exists because of a removed mod

5. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

How do I fix it then?

Wait when I started this play-through I had no mods on. I deleted them all before starting how come this is an issue now?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
  6. Nexus Of Chaos

did you erase your universe files b4 starting?

7. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

No

But other characters work just fine except for this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2018
  8. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Do not doublepost. I merged them.

Removing mods from a running game can cause such issues depending on how much they changed or added. Also the universe is shared between your characters. When you teleport with another character to a planet which was already generated with said mod you will run into problems when the mod is no longer present in the game.

9. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

Ok sure so how do I fix it?

10. Nexus Of Chaos

there r 2 ways to fix it: use a world editor to remove the problem blocks, which will take a while to find, or delete said worlds

11. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

So I just delete the Universe folder right
    Btw I don't think I know where the blocks would be so I'm not going to use the world editor.

12. Nexus Of Chaos

well that would be the easiest way to fix it, but u might as well completely start over by deleting your characters as well if u do that

13. Helpmeplease

Helpmeplease Space Hobo

So do you have to delete your character to fix the game?

I tried moving the universe file out and it worked. Thanks for the help btw I wouldn't have done it without you guys.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
  14. Nexus Of Chaos

u don't, but ur characters will be progressed beyond the universe and may cause problems and balancing issues

np