1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue I need some help with this Error Log!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Dughall, Jul 5, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dughall

Dughall Space Hobo

I took a break from playing Stardew Valley after playing for something like 25 hours and now I wanted to continue my adventure but the SaveGameInfo file is corrupted and I can't play. I tried all the recommended tutorials that I could find on this forum and the steam one too. Nothing really helped I still get the same crash every time. I do have a backup of the two save files. I would really hate to go back and redo all the things that I did, if nothing can be done I will most probably not touch this game again and that is really sad cause I really like it.

This is the Error Log that I keep getting.

Message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at StardewValley.GameLocation.seasonUpdate(String season, Boolean onLoad)
    at StardewValley.Game1.setGraphicsForSeason()
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<getLoadEnumerator>d__51.MoveNext()
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateTitleScreen(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

If anyone has any idea how to fix this exception I would love to hear it. I do know how to edit the XML files but I don't understand what is wrong and I was wondering if someone knows what am I missing or something based on the log. Thank you.

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

Zip the save folder (the whole folder, not just one file), and attach it to a a post here, and I'll try to fix it.

• Dughall

Dughall Space Hobo

Attached Files:

• Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

That wasn't the whole folder, that was two files from the folder. Anyway, that save loaded for me with no problems, so the problem isn't with that save. Try moving all other save folders out of your "Saves" folder, and see if that fixes the crash.

• Dughall

Dughall Space Hobo

I don't know how to load that file, can you explain how did you load it to check the save? Thank you a lot by the way.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
            • Blorp

Blorp Big Damn Hero

I made a folder called "Jeff_190486396" in my "Saves" folder and extracted the files from the zip into there. Then started the game and loaded your save.
              This is how it should be arranged in your folders too.

• zul_3

zul_3 Void-Bound Voyager

https://smapi.io/log/48f9fb3d560a4fef9f9dae699d03262e
                I have issues regarding multiplayer on Stardew Valley mod. Everytime my friend join my farm, an error such as "Version mismatch" will occur. We play it on steam and have auto update on. It's been 2 days we trying to fix it. We have tried to:
                -update/remove mods
                -steam verify integrity
                -check game version
                -check smapi version

• Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Please note the date. Necro-posts are only allowed if you remain on topic and the topic is still relevant. Rather than piggy-backing off an unrelated, old thread you'd be better starting a new thread of your own. Locking this one.

Thread Status:
                  Not open for further replies.