Modding Help i messed up somehow, please help?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ellibird, May 9, 2019.

1. ellibird

ellibird Void-Bound Voyager

hello!!! thank you for viewing this, i hope you're having a good day so far :)

i just downloaded a couple more mods (dialogue expansions only) yesterday, and now my game isn't working. (what a shocker!)

the game itself loads just fine, and there are no problems up until the point where i try to load any particular save file. the bottom left corner will keep saying "loading..." and the dots will still move, so it's not frozen on that screen.

i looked at the SMAPI log and there's a lot of red text at the end so clearly, that's the problem. however, i am not very code-savvy, so i don't know what the problem is exactly and thus i don't know how to fix it. this is the text that shows up at the bottom of the log while the game is running:

[game] Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentLoadException: Error loading "Characters\Demetrius". File contains System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2[System.String,System.String] but trying to load as Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Graphics.Texture2D.
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.InvokeReader[T](ContentTypeReader reader, Object existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObjectInternal[T](Object existingInstance)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadObject[T]()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentReader.ReadAsset[T]()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.ReadAsset[T](String assetName, Action`1 recordDisposableObject)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Content.ContentManager.Load[T](String assetName)
    at StardewValley.LocalizedContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\LocalizedContentManager.cs:line 145
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>n__0[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language)
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.<>c__DisplayClass7_0`1.<Load>b__0() in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 87
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.Utilities.ContextHash`1.Track[TResult](T key, Func`1 action) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\Utilities\ContextHash.cs:line 53
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.GameContentManager.Load[T](String assetName, LanguageCode language) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\GameContentManager.cs:line 83
    at StardewModdingAPI.Framework.ContentManagers.BaseContentManager.Load[T](String assetName) in C:\source\_Stardew\SMAPI\src\SMAPI\Framework\ContentManagers\BaseContentManager.cs:line 91
    at StardewValley.AnimatedSprite.loadTexture() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\AnimatedSprite.cs:line 163
    at StardewValley.AnimatedSprite..ctor(ContentManager contentManager, String textureName, Int32 currentFrame, Int32 spriteWidth, Int32 spriteHeight) in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\AnimatedSprite.cs:line 124
    at loadForNewGame_Patch2(Boolean loadedGame)
    at StardewValley.SaveGame.<>c.<getLoadEnumerator>b__56_1() in C:\Users\gitlab-runner\gitlab-runner\builds\5c0f9387\0\chucklefish\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\SaveGame.cs:line 1146

i am so sorry for the inconvenience, but i'm really stumped on how to fix this! thank you so much for reading, and please tell me if you need any clarification. :)

(i tried deleting the mods i downloaded yesterday and that didn't work, as well as reverting to my last save.)

• minervamaga

minervamaga Pangalactic Porcupine

• ellibird

ellibird Void-Bound Voyager

it's working now!!!!!! thank you SO much, you're a lifesaver!!!!!!!! :D

minervamaga likes this.