1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

I messed up my ship... help

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Lazerchix, Aug 21, 2017.

1. Lazerchix

Lazerchix Space Hobo

So I'll just get right into it. I have always played as the floran character, but wanted to try being a novakid. I have to say though, I really didn't like the train style ship of novakids. I absolutely love the floran ship though. So I "subscribed" to a steam workshop that allowed me to change the ship upon next upgrade. It worked just fine, and I now had a floran ship. I was so happy to finally have 10 upgrade modules for the final ship upgrade and completely forgot about the mod. In the steam workshop, it specifically said to make sure I was playing on singleplayer whenever I upgraded the ship or "bad things will happen". Bad things did in fact happen. My ship went back to the train and now many of my objects are in places outside of the ship, where they were placed when I had the floran ship. A lot of my crewmates are also in those parts and I can't reach them. Luckily I can still access where I kept crates of storage but now my ship is a train, I've lost access to a lot of my crew, and the whole outside of my ship is just covered with things I can't retrieve, due to it being in space now. I was wondering if I would be able to somehow go into the files and fix this. Maybe have the file name for the fully upgraded floran ship and replace it.... I'm not sure what to do at this point. Thank you for all suggestions.

2. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

The best way do fix this is make a floran character fully upgrade the ship, then you need to take the floran character's ship file and rename it to the the novakid characters and you (SHOULD) have a floran ship as a novakid.

Disclaimer: you may need to remove the mod as I do not know if this will influence it at all.

Roskii Heiral likes this.
  3. Lazerchix

Lazerchix Space Hobo

I actually just fixed it. All I had to do was close the game, delete the ship file and open up the game again, which made it create a new file. It returned to the floran ship I wanted. Of course after taking out everything I could from the train ship beforehand. It was upgraded fully as it should have been. Super simple and everything was fine when I got back on my multiplayer server. Although it changed my pet to the snake.

4. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

Well that's good, but if you ever need to do it in vanilla you know how to do that as well.

5. Roskii Heiral

Roskii Heiral Heliosphere

Fun Fact: You can replace your ship with any race's ship using the method mentioned by Palicence. I enjoy having a floran in a hylotl ship xD (insult to injury)

6. Lazerchix

Lazerchix Space Hobo

There's also many steam workshop mods that allow the same :)