1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue i cant open starbound on steam!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by cardboard7, Jun 8, 2018.

1. cardboard7

cardboard7 Aquatic Astronaut

OK, i think i got it, except...

cd command? everything should be fine except i don't know how to "navigate to the path with the cd command". i also got no results when typing "
    cd /home/jon/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Starbound/linux" into the terminal.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

it will switch the directory which should be shown in the next line. then type ./starbound to launch starbound inside that directory. the ./ is necessary so the system knows you access the current directory and notthe global registered namespace.
    The starbound should either launch or crash but this time there will be enough output in the terminal which is necessary in order to help you further.

3. cardboard7

cardboard7 Aquatic Astronaut

what? what will switch the directory? typing in the cd /home/ thing? i said nothing happened, the terminal just said "no such file or directory" and even right now i typed the whole /home/ thing and then even when there was no such file or directory, i typed in ./starbound, again "no such file or directory. ugh! this is so annoying! why cant starbound just work! sigh...