1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

I can haz live stream?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Krushie, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krushie

Krushie Orbital Explorer

I'd really like to see a live stream of Starbound being played and/or created. I've seen a few other people do this for some projects and it's really neat to be able to pop in and check things out just to get my daily fill of the game.

Zoraculus and iblob like this.
  2. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

Maybe sometime in the future...

/signed

3. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

This sounds interesting. However, I think that it would only be done when they are making patches, and not developing the game itself, due to the fact that, now, they're creating something from scratch for us, and they're not looking for spoiling the experience. They want us to have a fresh experience playing the game, so a live-stream of the creation process might not be taken up.

As for live-streams of people playing it, there will be plenty when the game comes out. This can be tied in to the YouTube Series thread on the videos' section.

Ferroseed likes this.
  4. Krushie

Krushie Orbital Explorer

Why would I watch a live stream when its out, I'm going to be playing it. I find live stream during early creation to be interesting if even for just an hour or so. You get to see some of the game but not all of the game play is spoiled because of the small amount of actual play time.

Etalyx likes this.
  5. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

Have you ever watched a video of a game that has already been released? Yes, you have. It's the same thing, so I don't know what's the problem there.

6. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

If it is allowed, then I shall livestream / post youtube videos about/of starbound if I get into the beta ^_^

7. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

I don't think it will be...

Besides, it would ruin it for all the people who don't want to see the game, but can't control themselves :(

like me lol

8. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think maybe a little teaser trailer for charity would be very generous. Though I don't think that a full game making live stream would be possible (without slowing down the development of the game)!
    ~ John

9. Krushie

Krushie Orbital Explorer

Watching a video of something specific is a lot different than watching some random guy mindlessly fumble along in a live stream. Thinking they're the same thing makes you a very different person than myself.

I'm more looking for a weekly/monthly dev live stream update. Short and to the point without spoiling all of the game play while allowing my needs to be satisfied with a little bit of jumping around.

10. Jenkinz

I personally streamed "Path Of Exile" when it was first in beta a long time ago, so if they allowed it, then hopefully the developers of starbound will allow it too ^_^
    It's not my fault that people who don't want to see the game end up watching anyways ;) xD

11. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

Was that open or Closed?

As far as I know, the Devs said they will have a CLOSED closed beta (No leaks of any kind). :speechless:

12. bertie242

bertie242 Void-Bound Voyager

Personally, I'd like to see the game before it comes out. I think not knowing anything at all makes for a terrible wait, and makes it more likely that people will forget about the game.

13. Jenkinz

It was a closed beta, you needed to receive a key in order to play in it. Hell, I even got sent keys to give to players while I was hosting the stream by the devs xD ^_^
    I'm really hoping starbound allows me to stream and maybe they'll even send me some keys too haha, hopeful wishing :p

14. Techgamer

Techgamer Big Damn Hero

Ok, i hope you can, but I won't watch if I can help it :D

I like surprises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.