Race Human World Refugee Camp

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Carryall, Jul 25, 2014.

1. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

Ok, Chucklefish popped the cork on humans going in a militaristic direction, so the habitats should reflect the consequences. Refugee worlds are dirty, hastily put together camps and shantytowns scrapped together from refuse and escape ship parts. Martial law is in effect, the poor remnants of humanity are subject to the military backbone holding it in place, handling things the only way it knows how.

Thoughts?

Ebon_Wolf, General Nuclear and DzikHK like this.
  2. flamingbacon19

flamingbacon19 Big Damn Hero

I like it.

3. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

This is a great idea, although these camps/shantytowns should be very rare considering that according to the in game lore humans haven't populated any other planets other than earth, so the amount of humans in the universe is quite small. Not to mention a big part of the human race was killed when they had to escape Earth, so that means less refugee camps.

4. Karnage5

Karnage5 Master Chief

I feel really bad that playing as a human I am systematically wiping out what is left of my own race. I would really like to see some friendly humans somewhere, either under military rule or otherwise

Tazmaniac95 likes this.
  5. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

Looking at the human ship, humanity can live on the go. I'm pretty sure survival/ingenuity would create an instant village of scrapped shuttles with re-purposed engineering. What makes the race exempt from the playable character's abilities?

6. WolfWave

WolfWave Big Damn Hero

I like this idea, i really wished they added something like human villages or stuff, refugee camps might be the solution here.

EDIT: even better, you can help the refugee camp grow by bringing resources and things like quests, eventually into a gigantic human civilized world or city!

Tazmaniac95 likes this.
  7. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

8. Dovawolf

Dovawolf Aquatic Astronaut

Well, if military bases wouldn't attack lone, usually unarmed humans that approach them, that'd be better, but only humans, other races are treated as hostile. Seriously, those outposts, you can be the only human they've seen since Earth went quiet, and they shoot on sight, it just doesn't make sense!

Feathery Dust likes this.
  9. Carryall

Carryall Big Damn Hero

Quoting Standing Orders
    The orders come from a decentralized Earth government. I'd be surprised if scared marines WOULDN'T shoot on sight.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2014
  10. ShamanMcLamie

ShamanMcLamie Big Damn Hero

One idea might be that just outside another races major settlement like an Avian, or Apex town there is a shanty town like refugee camps for Humans. While Humans living under the USCM live in well organized tent camps, or the bunkers of military bases.

Ixmore likes this.
  11. TwistedSync

TwistedSync Void-Bound Voyager

I could totally see a refugee space station of sorts mashed together from human ships or old run down space stations

Feathery Dust likes this.
  12. Boneslord

Boneslord Big Damn Hero

AND you can smuggle drugs, secret weapons, blueprints etc so that the refugees will do favors for you.

13. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

I don't really think the devs will add drugs to their game, so far the game is SFW and I don't think they'll change that.
    But apart from that your idea is awesome!

14. Ixmore

Ixmore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I find it more likely that Hylotl would build shelters for humans or living under richer hylotl abobes as house servants.