1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Human Spacecruiser v. Gilgamesh

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by oddfellow, Dec 11, 2013.

1. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Here is another one Oddfellow: http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/140/?

Yoduh's Glitch Spacecruiser is a modification of the Aeon Cor's Human Spacecruiser Plus, which is a modification of your Human Spacecruiser. Now that's truly a mod for a mod for a mod.

Your mod inspires other modders.

2. oddfellow

oddfellow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*Inception joke*

But seriously, i'm shocked by what's going on. Never was a decent modder, and all of a sudden my mod inspires someone else.

Also, new version 2.0 is coming out soon, there will be major changes!

3. yk999

Oddfellow, have you ever played X 3 Reunion? (or Terran Conflict, or Albion Prelude)

There is a race named Argon, their spaceships resemble ships and submarines. I think you would like them.

4. oddfellow

I'll look into it.

Update 2.0 is here, people, tell me what you think about redesign. :)

5. yk999

[​IMG]

In my humble opinion:

1. I use this part as crafting area. It's large enough, maybe it could be a bit larger.
    2. This is cargo bay. It's too small now. It should be larger.
    3. There are too many small rooms now. This area could be one large room instead of two small rooms, captain's quarters.
    5. A large window here like number 4 would be great.

And if all decks were 1 or 2 blocks higher, it would be better.

I'm not asking you to do these, i'm just giving my opinion.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  6. oddfellow

1 and 2: Right man, this problem can be easily solved by removing the door in the middle between 1 and 2. Then the cargo bay will be way larger with more space to craft and store goods.

3. That's what i missed when i was busy with other things. I'll be expanding these rooms.

4 and 5: According to my plan, 5 is very important and practical room, there should always be enough free space (and free walls), as this is supposed to be a ship bridge. So i decided to put that window down the deck, to "lobby" area.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  7. yk999

I'm not quite happy with this solution, but it's okay. No big deal. :)

Yeah captain's quarters is important. The place for it is up to you, but it should be bigger than small rooms.

Yeah they are bridge and lobby for me too. I thought a window wouldn't hurt, forget it.

8. oddfellow

I made the file hidden for now until all cons are fixed.

9. heikkik

heikkik Void-Bound Voyager

Aww. Well, I'll be updating this mod on the next character wipe. I don't want to lose all my stuff on the ship and it's too much hassle to move it. I like the new design. The teleporter seems to be better located. Yay!

10. Jagerwulf

Jagerwulf Orbital Explorer

Hi i just discovered your great ship mod, but when I went to download it, I found that you had made the file hidden, any chance you will be unlocking it soon?

looks like a great ship, also if I was to use your ship mod would I have to strip out the gear in my existing ship first?

11. Reilsss

Reilsss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi got to say I love the redesgin.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  12. oddfellow

My head hurts. There's always be a way to enhance and expand the existing layout, and it's NEVER ENOUGH! I'm exhausted and lost.

The best thing i can do right now is to release clean version with bare walls.

13. Ender1117

Ender1117 Phantasmal Quasar

Sorry if I seem rude, but I actually prefer this design to the one you are suggesting.

1) For a crafting area, this is more then perfect. Add a sub-level with platforms and you have more then enough space to have every crafting utility in the game WITH room for storage.
    While you may not have room for the usual eight furnaces people seem to like having, I think if people planned the space thought-fully it could easily become not only a work space, but a comfortable living space/storage bay.

2) I feel that is more then enough space for a cargo bay. While a slight size increase could be beneficial, it isn't necessary. If players make wise decisions for storage units (lab lockers work nice as they are tiny and have 16 slots of storage) the space is ample large enough to house enough materials to keep a team of 8 running with little to no storage problems.

3) If anything, more small rooms are better. While there are some who could fill this ship to the brim and still crave space, they are far fewer then most would believe. Who is going to use a ship this large for themselves? More smaller rooms mean more people and friends on your ship who can now live and play together. Now everyone has their own room, and if you decide to run this ship all by your lonesome, you have more spaces to work into different things. From a Role Play stand-point, the ship is built stronger with the "smaller room" design, and if you don't like that feel, take out some doors and call the gaps they leave bulk-heads.

4/5) I feel if you placed a large view-port in the section you have designated as "5" it would throw off the feel of the ship. Too many windows make the ship loose its "ship" feeling. Hard to describe, but it throws off the architectural vibe of a space craft. Up there, windows are more often a hazard then a comfort; and when they are a comfort, they are a commodity so scarce, fresh air is something easier to come by. Either way, I wouldn't use them to accent my ship with.

Besides, that room is perfectly suited to serve as a "tactical-ready room" where the team can meet to talk about missions, give information, and generally plan for things. While the area designated as "4" can serve as the "lounge" or hang-out.

While I fully understand the mod is not my-own and I have no control over what you do with it, I would ask you at least keep older versions accessible should someone wish to obtain them.

His Emperors servant,

Ender1117

P.S. - Keep your head up mate! Remember, this is for fun. You owe nothing to anyone. Do things your way, because nobody can force you otherwise! You've done some amazing work, but the only opinion that matters is yours. So take a breather, smile, and don't pay attention to what people on the internet say about your work.
    *EDIT* - Including me.*

Live long and prosper my brother. So say we all.​

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  14. yk999

I was going to write a reply but i gave up. I think you are one of these guys who take the internet too seriosly. My reply would lead to pages of debate. Nah, i'm not interested. Calm down my friend. Whatever, you are right! :up:

15. recluse

recluse Aquatic Astronaut

Well some people want a leisure cruiser and others a battle one.
    Some like the idea of them and their ten friends sharing that ship and yet others will never even try multiplayer.
    And I'm sure there are those who would prefer everything in pink, not that there is anything wrong with that of course.

But I think that we can agree that most people don't understand just how easy it is to do a little mod-modding and tailor your design to whatever suits them best.
    Honestly I can only hope that you'll continue making (and sharing) projects you like.

And again, thank you for this one.

Reilsss likes this.
  16. yk999

Hey Oddfellow. Do you intend to release a new version, or 2.0 is the final for now? I'll start a new game with 2.0 if it's the final for now.

Btw thank you very much for 2.0. It's already great as it is, don't think that you need to change anything because of our personal opinions. They are just personal opinions. :)

17. oddfellow

Hi, i'm still working on it and it will already be version 3.0 when it's done. The thing is, opinions may be the key to make the mod better. I'm not doing it for anyone except for me and my taste. And my taste is sometimes a bitch.

Reilsss likes this.
  18. Ender1117

Ender1117 Phantasmal Quasar

Lol, I am calm. And I am sorry if I offended you. I really didn't mean to. I just wanted to state my opinion and why. And my ideas of an 8 person team on the same ship are a bit far-fetched (I admit) I usually crew following a "only what we need" model.

All said and done, I hope we can all help make this mod, and others, better with creative and constructive ideas and contributions.

Do you happen to play on any servers? I've got a team that I bounce around with, and we are always looking for new mates and new venues.

19. Reilsss

Reilsss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I look forward to your final version. What you showed for V2.0 is already a great improvement in my eyes.
    I guess I will like other waits for 3.0 befor exploring deep space with that ship of yours.
    Thank you for making and consider sharing this work with us.

20. yk999

Okay we are cool. And thanks for the offer but i don't play mp, not yet.