1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Human Spacecruiser v. Gilgamesh

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by oddfellow, Dec 11, 2013.

1. oddfellow

oddfellow Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow, quite frankly, it somehow spooks me, i mean it's nice to do things that other people like, but i always think forward about it, and maybe i'm not THAT good.

But who knows...

2. jmlop0

jmlop0 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Im not even joking when I say that this NEEDS to be at least considered to be added, we need to get this noticed more!

3. oddfellow

Well then, i'd say you (or someone else) could create a thread in "suggestions" :)

4. jmlop0

If anyone, why not the one who has already made it a mod?

5. oddfellow

Cause i'm shy lol.

6. jmlop0

So was I, before I started being on these forums, its a extremely friendly community! Except for the rare, and I mean rare, person who can get mean, but this community is helping me get out off my shell, maybe it can do the same for you?;)

7. oddfellow

Attention please! Who can confirm that the latest patch broke my ship? My game works okay. Don't know if it's just hoax or misunderstanding...

8. heikkik

heikkik Void-Bound Voyager

If you mean v.indignant koala the treasure file might've been broken? I couldn't start Starbound because it found a duplicate avian starting treasure.

All I see as broken is that if you move the teleport pad, you still spawn on the same spot on the ship. Also the stories are just 1 block above max jump height (i'd make stairs but the teleport pad issue bugs me. I'd like to spawn on the telepad even if i move it to, say, the "engine room"

Then again I only downloaded your ship today!

9. ChiggityChek

ChiggityChek Subatomic Cosmonaut

Been working fine for me, but I wasn't using the optional file, just the ship itself. And I started a new character. Also, love the new release! Thanks for the extra lockers!

10. oddfellow

Like it's stated in changelog, optional file is obsolete now, no need to use it anymore. And i'm glad it works not only for me. The game is in beta testing phase, and obviously ship management is a subject to change, so it's just a matter of time before all of custom vessels become outdated and broken.

11. ChiggityChek

ChiggityChek Subatomic Cosmonaut

I hope not. I like that people can reskin the ships. Leaves those of us who would rather have our base mobile rather than set on a planet surface.

12. Rawr_Dinosaur

Rawr_Dinosaur Poptop Tamer

It could probably get a little bigger, but when I have experimented with ships that expand vertically past my current ship, the game disagree's with the files and crashes. You have to choose if you want width, or length, to have both means you need to create separate image files and piece them together using the files in the ships asset folder the same way you do with the space station.

13. yk999

yk999 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thanks for the info.

14. oddfellow

I have been working on a new version of spacecruiser. You can get a sneak peek of it.

[​IMG]

Now with the new pilot cabin and fewer, but stronger vertical thrusters. Also, cargo doors! (They are inactive, sadly)

yk999 likes this.
  15. yk999

16. oddfellow

17. yk999

Then you mod that mod for your mod, so that would be a mod for a mod for a mod. :)

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  18. oddfellow

New pilot cabin:

[​IMG]

Cargo bay door and new vertical thrusters (Prometheus-esque):

[​IMG]

19. yk999

In my humble opinion, that background would be better for cargo bay:

[​IMG]

20. Reilsss

Reilsss Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I do agree with others that this looks by far the best for a ship. its no longer traveling in a silly spacecampership. This is a proper thing!
    Lets up that your design and efforts can continue into the futured versions of the game.