How's the Beta coming along?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stryder87, Jul 23, 2018.

1. Stryder87

Stryder87 Giant Laser Beams

So I haven't installed the Beta, since I do enough beta work for Microsoft and other companies through the normal course of my job (and I mean their RETAIL stuff)... so I don't know too much about it. I don't follow Twitter, use Twitter or Twitter.... the only twitter I know about is from the pigeons and crows around my apartment building, so I don't see what's going on from there.

How many iterations are we at now? Does it look like it's wrapping up soon or are there still glaring issues?

It's getting harder to avoid a complete exposure to the new content so there will still be some surprises left when it gets to final release. I know, at minimum, I'll have to update all my mods. Speaking of which... how's that front going? Do they mod makers seem to be keeping up?

I'm just keeping my head down in the dirt planting and harvesting. Anyone want to have a seat on my front stoop and fill this old farmer in on what the young 'uns are doin' these days?

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Funny you should bring this up now -- it was recently announced that the update will officially be out of beta on August 1st! From what I've experienced both playing and following the fixes thread, it seems like things are running pretty smoothly at this point but there are still a few minor bugs that will hopefully be squashed in time for official release. The current beta version is 1.3.25, but updates have been fairly frequent so it's possible we'll still get another one before the final cleanup for the official release.

• Stryder87

Thinking of some of the mods I use, I'm wondering if the animal mood bug has been fixed where the mood goes down if you stay up past 6pm? It would be nice to be able to thin the mods I use that aren't needed (ie: MoodGuard).

• Feathered Sparks

Feathered Sparks Big Damn Hero

Yup! That one was fixed earlier this month :)

• One More Day

One More Day Cosmic Narwhal

They still haven't fixed the bug where you find yourself still playing SDV at three in the morning when you were only going to do a single day and be in bed before midnight

CorraidhĂ­n and Gold Dragon like this.
            • Stryder87

DAYUM!!!! :giggle:

Gold Dragon likes this.
              • UnexpectedParole

UnexpectedParole Phantasmal Quasar

I can duplicate that one for sure.

Gold Dragon likes this.
                • Stryder87

Yeah... it goes along with the one I run into a lot; I have to leave in half an hour. I can get a day in on the farm before I leave... wait, I should have left 45 minutes ago?!?!?

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

August 1st huh? GRADUATION PRESENT! (I finish college on 8/2)

Have they been able to make SURE all the bugs will be squashed by then?

• Stryder87

Just had a thought...

Has the selling price of processed goods (Jars/Casks/Kegs) changed with the new patch? I was just looking at the list I had updated a few months ago and realized I may have to update it again.

• musical74

musical74 Space Kumquat

It updated beginning of August, then added a new beta to fix a few things...any ideas on how long there will be further beta tests before everything is "official"? I found no music for the luau to be bizarre!

• Stryder87

I've been playing the update since it dropped at the beginning of this month. I've also found weird music 'issues'. Most often it's in the Secret Woods I notice it. There will be no music at all, or sometimes the wrong theme will play. Sometimes the wrong music will play when I'm in a building like the Saloon.