1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How to spawn more powerful guns/weapons using /spawnitem.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by abarsham85, Feb 12, 2016.

1. abarsham85

abarsham85 Void-Bound Voyager

DISCLAIMER: This is not a question. I am simply showing you how to do it, because there's very little clarification on the subject, and some people don't know what to do and can't find out what to do. Also, please remember that this is always subject to change later down the road with future updates, so if it's not updated by the time another update comes out, and they changed something, then this post is meaningless to you.

So I've been playing starbound for a while now, as many of you have. But some of us, mainly those who like to have /admin on and want to do /spawngun, /spawnsword, realized that with the new Glad Giraffe update, and with Nightly, the commands were taken out of the game.I tried searching everywhere on the Internet for a possible parameter for /spawnitem that would make it work like /spawngun or /spawnsword, and could not find one. So I messed around a bit with the command, and I found one. I was able to spawn guns and melee weapons with more DPS and such (both of which I have tested using this parameter, and it's showing promising results. For instance, an uncommon rocket launcher spawned with /spawnitem usually has a DPS of around 20 or in that range, and using this method, I have been able to get one with over 50 on my first try. This also works on swords, I'm pretty sure).

The command is pretty simple:

/spawnitem *name* *amountWanted* '{"level":*level*}'

The *name* part is where you put the name of the weapon (gun, sword, etc). If you don't know the IDs for the weapons, that's on a completely different post on a completely different website. Most of the weapons that you could get using /spawngun and /spawnsword are available, but not all of them are. Some do not work.

The *amountWanted* is how many of the weapon you want.

The last part of the command is the most important. For those who don't know what they're doing, you need the apostrophes, or single quotes (whatever you want to call them) on each side of the curly brackets. You also need the quotes around just the word "level". The *level* part can be any number, I assume. I haven't tested it with numbers over 1 million, so you can give that a shot if you want. I don't think it makes much of a difference.

I don't know which swords and guns work and which ones don't. I have tested a few, and many of them work, but I'm not sure about others. If anyone has a list of all of the weapon IDs that you would usually use when doing /spawngun or /spawnsword, and that are available using this command, I'd love to see it.

If you have more information to feed off of this, it would be appreciated. Again, this is just something I found and I wanted to put it on the forums because it hasn't been clarified well for those who have been trying to find out how to use /spawnitem to spawn OP guns and other weapons. If you're not into cheating, then this post doesn't apply to you.

Thank you for reading, and hopefully this helped some people.

~abarsham85

TheUberCannon and Arti78 like this.
  2. TheUberCannon

TheUberCannon Star Wrangler

I've tried the entire command in MANY different ways, I had no luck doing so.

Might need the link to that other thread, now.

3. Sur155

Sur155 Intergalactic Tourist

it works, and well.

/admin
    admin privlages granted to *charname*.
    /spawnitem rarespear 1 '{"level":9999999}'
    raregrenadelauncher
    rarespear
    rarebroadsword
    rarerocketlauncher
    rareshotgun
    etc
    although if you create a wand, the number value for it appears in the weapon value, so say if regularly you would find a wand with an elemental orb, or whatever, and heal, it would say lvls 1-6 generally, where as above i added "999999" to the lvl which give the mouse over weapon menu in game "999999"to it's ingame lvl (makes it an obvious hack). That value goes up to any number you want, but I didn't seem to notice any difference between 10 and 10 billion (weapon tiers being only between 1.. 10). Also certain attributes are only found on common weapons, like flying blade slash on the broadsword appeared strictly for common ones. "/spawnitem commonbroadsword 1 '{"level":10}'. Good luck!
    Oh, and spawngun and spawnsword commands didn't seem to work with that code, or at least give me anything other than an improper command prompt.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  4. oinkgamer

oinkgamer Cosmic Narwhal