Modding Help How to make Bridges work with tIDE

Discussion in 'Mods' started by LeaSKLiert, Sep 2, 2017.

1. LeaSKLiert

LeaSKLiert Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone,

I started working on my first farm map layout thingy, but I came across a problem. I built a river and of course want to have a bridge there, so you can cross it. The problem I have is as following:

I can't figure out on what layer I have to put the tiles to make it work properly.
    I tried different variations, but when I test it in game, theres different problems; either I can't cross it at all or I end up just kind of floating on the water, or I can cross but the bridge is on top of my person.

Is it a bit tricky or am I just overseeing something?

Sorry if this has been mentioned somewhere before, but I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere. Also I am sorry for my english, I am no native speaker x)

I would be so thankful if theres anyone out there who can help me! :)

• dino-rex

dino-rex Void-Bound Voyager

The easiest way is to look and see how it's done on the pre-existing maps like the farm_fishing or one of the town maps.

Here's how the plank bridges work:
      Back - water tile (make sure it's the tile that does not have the property passable = F; in the spring outdoors tilesheet this is id # 1274)
      Buildings - bridge tile (make sure the tile has the property passable = T)

• Xuomi

Xuomi Phantasmal Quasar

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017