Modding Help How to Find Problem Mod? Npcs Explode/Die on Return Home Call [Solved]

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by SureinDragon, Jun 29, 2019.

1. SureinDragon

SureinDragon Big Damn Hero

Hello Again!

I'm having an issue with one of my mods, *somewhere* causing an error that reads as follows:
    "Caused by: (JsonParsingException) Error parsing json: bad array, should be ',' or ']' at 8:5"

What it does is cause tenants to explode and die when I interact with a colony deed to make them come home.
    Whole errorlog here on pastebin. Something is going wrong in the "/npcs/bmain.lua" and/or "/scripts/actions/dialog.lua" and/or "/dialog/arrivedhome.config:beacon", but I have no idea what mod is making the edits.

Is there any possible way to parse what mod is causing this? I have over 200, and I tried subscribing to all ones that directly claim to be improving/editing NPCs or Tenants, but none of the ones I tried fixed the problem.

If anyone knows any good techniques for finding out which mod(s) are causing this, please let me know!

EDIT:
    Long story short, there is no easy way to check, but through trial and error I found out it was the Asari Race mod of all things.
    Easy to get rid of cause I just threw it in my modpack on a whim, and didn't end up using.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

Definitely something to do with tenants, although that doesn't mean the mod is centered around tenants.
    I found an error though from this mod which coincidentally or no is a patching error that also involves 2 tenant files - not the same one that's crashing you though. But it could well be the same mod unless that's a coincidence.

Bad news is that mod hasn't updated in a long time and I wouldn't count on it getting fixed. You can all the same provide that log on their workshop page.

3. SureinDragon

I’ll unsub and see what happens!
    Honestly I don’t mind what mod is causing it, its really detrimental to the gameplay so even if it ends up being my favorite mod I’ll have to unsubscribe.
    I just want to find out which one it is

4. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

I am liking more and more people are using pastebin to post logs
    It is nice to see the times finally changing

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  5. DrPvtSkittles

DrPvtSkittles Master Astronaut

I've nagged enough people lol

The | Suit likes this.
  6. SureinDragon

It seemed like the cleanest, most out of the way system to get the errorlogs out there. >w< I'm glad websites like pastebin exist!

I also found the offending mod by the by, just by trial and error. It was the Asari Race Mod on the steam workshop. ^^;