TV/Film How should I start this?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jake9039, Apr 4, 2018.

1. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

I want to watch the yu-gi-oh anime, and I dont know if I should watch the one series on netflix, or what one of three series on vrv, or if I should just watch them on youtube? could I get some guidence please?
    note: I have st6arted watrching some anime before, but have not read manga before.

2. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

How well do you know 'Yu-Gi-Oh' the concept? As in the card game and the general gist of the show. If you know nothing you'll need to watch at least the first season of the original anime series which I think is the one on Netflix if I'm not mistaken. If you're just looking at something to sit down and chill with then watch 'Yu-Gi-Oh! GX' first. Yu-Gi-Oh! GX is known to be Yu-Gi-Oh the anime, done right. From memory it has the least flaws out of all the series (although I haven't watched anything from 2015 onward).

What I did was I googled the chronological order of Yu-Gi-Oh and watched EVERYTHING in order up to the 2015~ series, whatever one that was. Starting with 'Season 0' which was their pilot season before they soft rebooted it into the Yu-Gi-Oh you know and including all of the movies. As for where I watched it - a LOT of the old episodes can be found on YouTube, Crunchyroll and KissAnime although I think I had to download some of the harder to find ones - can't recall exactly it was a while ago now.

If you don't intend to watch everything I'd suggest watching:
    • Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 1 (and maybe 0)
    • All of Yu-Gi-Oh! GX
    • All of the Yu-Gi-Oh movies (there are three)
    After watching that you'll know enough about the Yu-Gi-Oh universe to know what you're talking about without over-investing with about 10 or so seasons of stuff you might not enjoy.