How do you build new cabins?

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by DexterRexter, May 7, 2018.

1. DexterRexter

DexterRexter Space Hobo

I've had a server going for a few hours with just me and one other person, however now two of our friends want to join our farm. I tried going to the carpenter to buy new cabins but it simply does not give me the option to contruct a new cabin (I think it's supposed to be like 10 stone and 100 gold or something). I am not the server host, does that have something to do with it? Can only the host add new cabins? Please help, as we're far enough in so that we really don't want to start a new server with more cabins.

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Hey babes! Did you make sure you opted for the beta in steam? If you did there should be (beta) next to stardew valley in your steam list! If not I will happily walk you through it! Otherwise it may be a small glitch! Re-install your game and get back to me so I can help!

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Also sometimes a small glitch makes it so you have to be in SOLO to make a cabin. Try that too!

• DexterRexter

DexterRexter Space Hobo

I'm definitely in the beta..... I've reinstalled the game and the issue remains. I am not the host, so i cannot go in solo however I'll ask the host to do that and try it. I'll get back to you if he cannot do it. Thanks for the help so far

• DexterRexter

DexterRexter Space Hobo

oops, forgot to reply to your post specifically. see previous reply!

• KayVeeRiot

KayVeeRiot Big Damn Hero

Ohhh I assumed you were the host. I was fairly sure the host is the only one who can build a cabin

Fuzzyman likes this.
              • Accidentalsuicide

Accidentalsuicide Space Spelunker

The host can add new cabins (or demolish old ones) in single player.