1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How do I find tungsten easier in starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Halfcatman1, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Halfcatman1

Halfcatman1 Space Hobo

I need more tungsten but its bearly on my planet at all. I need more tungsten so I can make armor but it's so hard to find and I cant beat the erchius mining facility so how can I find more tungsten?

2. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

I think there are a plenty in the desert and forest planet. Or... maybe... if you want, you can try to complete some NPC side quest in the those planet (or any other planet that has tungsten). The reward sometimes is a decent amount of tungsten.

3. Halfcatman1

Halfcatman1 Space Hobo

I'm talking about the starter planet. I found a little and right now I'm searching for more but I only ever found 2 bars worth

4. Daikon Ocelot

In the starting planet? But, I don't think there is even a tungsten there. The starting planet only give us a plenty of iron ores and other basic ores. If you want a tungsten you need to go to the other planet, therefore you need to fix your ship first. The iron armor is enough to defeat the Erchius Crystal boss, I suppose.

5. Halfcatman1

Halfcatman1 Space Hobo

But my PC also lags alot when I get low health
    And I always get hit with multiple lasers and erchius things at once and my health goes down almost instantly so now I only really go in farm for pixels get out heal repeat. Mostly so I can get bandages since they heal alot of health fast but either way I really wanna get more than what little I have. Also human armor sucks so I would need it either way. And I'm also new to starbound

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

fyi completing the erchius mission unlocks travel outside the star system. you can already travel between planets in the system for no cost.

there will probably be a desert and forest planet where you can find tungsten. remember not to visit airless planets until you've made a breathing thing.

i hope this helps you! c:

7. Daikon Ocelot

Oh, okay. I am sorry for not understanding your situation (in my last post or DM). Okay, about the lag, I have some suggestion that may help you. First, you can try to turn off the Vsync via the config in the "storage" directory in the Starbound folder. The file name is "starbound.config." Open it with a notepad. This thing really improve the performance for me. Especially, when playing with a massive mod like FU. Or... you can try to download mods that improve performance. I think there are some in the mod section.
    @Halfcatman1, I believe you need to keep this in mind too. As you are new to Starbound.

I hope it help. If not, let us help with something else.

8. sirguylittle

sirguylittle Void-Bound Voyager

That is how I believe the game used to work but in recent versions there is no way to upgrade your ship to a tier 2 ship which would allow travel within your starter system.
    The first upgrade that is available is by completing the Erchius mission which upgrades you directly to tier 3.
    The only way to get a tier 2 upgrade that I know of is to use admin commands.

9. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

how dare they change things?? this is unfair i will fight chucklefish!!