How do i do it?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by ValleyBoi, Mar 27, 2018.

1. ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

Im not sure this belongs in General Discussion or this so if any staff comes do the right thing okay? Anyhoo: I want to start modding in Stardew Valley and can anyone who knows modding send me some instructions and programs necesarry for Modding. Basic things please. If any modder comes please pleaseee tell me. And if you want to know, i want to make a mod for Void Cows and Void Goats. Thank you for reading the post.

• macattack228

macattack228 Void-Bound Voyager

Eyo bud. First you need this to get started: http://www.mediafire.com/file/4c0g0fk3tza384o/XNBExtract.zip

That's your XNB extractor, and is used to get the tilesets, skins, and map files from the games .xnb files. Its super simple and easy.

If you want to make maps, you will need the tIDE Editor, found here: https://colinvella.github.io/tIDE/

Beyond that, it's trial and error, asking around the forums, and looking up guides.

For making those Void animals you'll have to edit some text files, the .yaml files, that deal with what animals exist. But don't take my word for it, I've not tackled that yet myself.

Hope that helps bud <3

• ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

I think i can't do it. Those file jim-jam's are too much for meh :( But thanks for the help!

• macattack228

macattack228 Void-Bound Voyager

Never know till you give it a whack bud. Adding it shouldn't be too difficult, the harder part will be how to obtain them in game. If you're just going for a reskin, then that's easier since it's just editing the photos, but physically adding them to the game shouldn't be that bad. Like I said, give it a whack and see what you can do!

Looking into it, the Void chicken is just a different "breed" of chicken according to the game, so it is super simple to add the other types into the data. Once again, no clue how you would make it go about GETTING them, but still.

• ValleyBoi

ValleyBoi Big Damn Hero

Thanks for the help man. But i need to learn more computer thingies for this i think.