1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jenkinz, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Vos

Vos Void-Bound Voyager

I first heared about it on TO, but later i found a movie about it on YouTube, while i was watching some Terraria episodes from "Pedguin" or something :p

2. Andinicus

Andinicus Big Damn Hero

From TO but the first time i heard Tiy was working on a project i wasn't that interested, now the 2nd time was when Terraria postponed its updates and mentioned Starbound which sounded very interesting to me so i checked it out.
    Really wish i figured out about 2 weeks before its going to be released now i pains me to wait.:cry:

3. Krunch

Krunch Astral Cartographer

actually I found out on steam where you get random info down below. I wasnt on terraria for a whileso I didnt here of terrarias "death" (wich I personally dont think is gonna happen soon) and starbounds birth. Then I read blues thread wich now i regret since Now I wanna play really badly. Couldnt make my wait for release esier

4. xanthicDruid

xanthicDruid Void-Bound Voyager

A group of frienXDs I talk to tolXD me about it anXD these forums XD

5. Tamarama

Tamarama Guest

I found it on ubuntuvibes. It's an ubuntu blog with a gaming focus. I was excited we were getting this on linux. I was pretty bummed when we didn't get terraria.

6. KuraiRyuu

KuraiRyuu Space Kumquat

I found Starbound by going through the Terraria forum.

7. NeKoNeKo

NeKoNeKo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Saw it on Twitter. I was visiting Tiy from time to time.

8. TechnoRaven

TechnoRaven Aquatic Astronaut

A friend gave me the link to tiys post on terraria forums, lead me here, and the game looked great.

9. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

First I've heard of ubuntuvibes, nice ! :)

10. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Tiy's twitter. c:

11. WhenAjaxAttacks

WhenAjaxAttacks Aquatic Astronaut

Same. I've been following Tiy since Terraria.

12. Haunt

Haunt Pangalactic Porcupine

This random game blog I was reading
    Didn't know the name at the time though.

13. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I learned it from Pedguin! Man that guy has a smoooooooth voice!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince SAFETY TORCH! PUT ON STARBOUND!

14. Leon

Leon Void-Bound Voyager

Like most other people I found out through the terraria forums

15. knarfc

knarfc Scruffy Nerf-Herder

On Terraria's wiki.

16. Fen

Fen Master Chief

Tiy's twitter. Again. No dinosaurs wielding indie game newspapers crashed through my door, no aliens abducted me but immediately stopped what they were doing and put me back when they saw Starbound on the human internets, and no prophets of truth foretold of its coming to me in my dreams.

Also said nonexistant prophets did not have any informational pamphlets whatsoever. I was very displeased.

17. Zenuel

Zenuel Cosmic Narwhal

You too eh? You think you know a nonexistant prophet..

18. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

You know the "nonexistant prophets" :O ?!?

19. awsumpawsum

awsumpawsum Void-Bound Voyager

This is how I found it... between the tears I shed for terraria but I was instantly gratified with the idea of starbound (still sad bout terraria though)

20. Von

Von Space Spelunker

I learned about it from my Terraria pals on Skype. They randomly started talking about the Monster contest and I asked what it was for. Sent me here.