Hotfix 4 for Enraged Koala is out.

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by OmnipotentEntity, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Shaggyd0g

Shaggyd0g Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If its part of your ship, then yes. Deleting the shipworld data forces the game to give you a BRAND NEW ship. No data. Just a matter modulator, some seeds a torch, awesomesauce sword and a torch.

2. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

I didn't found a place to report bugs, so, I'm doing it here.

After resetting (deleting them) all my database, like universe, player, ship, mods and everything else, and played by 12 hours the enraged koala, I notice in the alpha universe a lack of rain, snow storm, acid rain, or anything else.

I could not find a single planet raining. So I figured out it could be done by a time lapse, but leaving my character in a place for 3 hours nothing happening, no rain, no meteors, no acid rain, nothing..

But I noticed the improvement in biomes, like planets showing in the star map the 3 biomes, and it was nice!

3. Broken Realms

Broken Realms Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you, I figured as much which is why I've been copying everything in my scanner and transporting it off my ship and onto a planet. Deleting my shipworld file, then moving to the planet and picking everything up to re-scan it into my new 3d scanner. Thank you again for confirming my horrible, horrible suspicion.

4. Azurium

Azurium Space Spelunker

Weather is not on all the planets. Some planets will have very frequent rains while some will have none at all. This applies to snow storms, acid rains, and meteor storms as well.

5. Forlorn Knight

Forlorn Knight Lucky Number 13

Concerning getting the shiplocker disappearance fixed; would it be possible to replace the shiplocker INTO the shipworld file instead of erasing it completely? I have a dozen chests full on my ship that I will have to relocate planetside if I'm going to erase my ship.

6. telles0808

telles0808 Cosmic Narwhal

But running over more than 100 planets and never seen one with weather is like hitting a jackpot, don't you agree?

Maybe watching at least one, but none... I'm feeling bugged and unluck.

7. Kyasupah

Kyasupah Pangalactic Porcupine

I'ts just what you have to do man, I'm sure that's what they would have done if they could have.

8. Gliman

Gliman Space Spelunker

Alpha sector icon are missing

9. Lonely Tear

Lonely Tear Void-Bound Voyager

i didnt have a backup and sadly all of my ships chests along with ship locker went to hell, bit sad but ill get over with it, my question is tho how do i recover my ship-locker. i saw there saying deleating the shipworld files (and then veryfying the game cache on steem i belive) but i searched it up and i cant find the folder/files anywhere.

can someone direct me?

10. Uxt

Uxt Star Wrangler

In-Game Billing and Support forum has a massive bug thread. Took me a little while to find, so don't feel bad.

Anyone else having very bad framerate in their ship, so bad that FTL travel is a risk of crashing? If I port down to the planet, everything's fine... but in my ship, it's horrible.

telles0808 likes this.
  11. Uxt

Uxt Star Wrangler

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starbound\player

Usually in there. What you do is take EVERYTHING you want to save out of your ship, store it on your character (or in chests on the planet surface), then delete your SHIPWORLD file. When you start the game it creates a new file, with new and empty ship, complete with ship locker. Hopefully. Your floran picture is so cute. :3

Lonely Tear likes this.
  12. WorldAura

WorldAura Tentacle Wrangler

Note to self (everyone): Save backups daily :p

Shadox2.0 likes this.
  13. So... whats the point of vlist() and vamp()? Im quite confused.

14. envoy2D

envoy2D Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I get a crash when i open some chests, but i fixed the problem by drilling them and picking up the contents :iswydt:

some chests are gone, but thats cool, its all to be expected. looking forward to the updates

15. thyme676

thyme676 Space Hobo

So how is the data gone, if I can break my chests and still get the contents? I still don't believe the ship locker storage is gone forever.

16. It didnt initialize the chest properly, didnt load it into memory, then saved the world without including the chest.

17. nugnugget

nugnugget Yeah, You!

Excuse me, but I don't think I can download it for some reason. The update still hasn't come for me!

18. ForceablePlace

ForceablePlace Phantasmal Quasar

GUYS! Don't delete your ship files! If your ship locker/fuel hatch are missing all you need to do is mod (Or get a mod) that adds a recipe for the 2, then you craft them, delete the mod, and place the locker/fuel hatch back down. You could also do something like backup your broken ship file, install a "build your own ship" mod, apply it to your current character, then break the fuel hatch and ship locker, delete the ship file, and apply the backup ship file of your broken ship, then load the game, and place the ship file and locker!

19. ScottDC

ScottDC Aquatic Astronaut

Multiplayer would not let me onto the server until I deleted the shipworld - then it worked ok.
    The same character worked in single player - but after saving I could not get back onto the Multiplayer server until I deleted the shipworld again.

Also had a homeworld bug - I think I got around it by setting another random planet as home then going back and setting the original as home.

20. LiquidSushi

LiquidSushi Intergalactic Tourist

we put backups in your backups, so you can backup while you backup. zzzzzzzzzzzzz