Homestuck Clan Thread: Seven Deudly Acts

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crimms

Crimms Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When The Threads Go Marching In

2. Bizarre Monkey

Bizarre Monkey Big Damn Hero

im not as easily accepted back as you may think, and even though ive changed, be it for better or worse, i will never be able to feel at home here like i once was, and i have heard from fairly decent sources that the majority of people here do not understand me or my odd infatuation with being a cryptic wanker

i also was blindly selfish, and the time in which i published the video which for everyone's sakes, i kept unlisted (as in, only we know about it) was victim of a lot of stress, not all of which was caused by the thread

i am indeed at fault for most of my hatred, which is why i've been contemplating moving on, im glad you told me this. the honesty to it is something i need, in a thread that has become very fearful of drama

i am too unkind to ever be truly accepted by the thread, and thats my fault... while i have changed, its not going to undo the strife ive caused, a lot of issues have been by my influence more than anyone elses

perhaps now would be an ideal time to state i would be okay with expatriation

i myself have begun making friends in the real world, and my collective will always be at my side, its true that i dont know many of you that well at all, and i've never felt that the effort of getting to know you all would be worth it, for you or for me, its evident now that i am in a group of which im too old for, or possibly, just too different

none of that really matters, i'll be thinking heavily over the following days of my fate here, but its likely that ill be leaving for good pretty much

even if all of you and me never speak again, ill always remember you as friends

3. Ikbenbeter

Ikbenbeter Pangalactic Porcupine

in unrelated news unturned's kinda fun

4. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

Two parts to this.
    @nightclaw @DaZombieKilla99
    I'm stopping this here.
    I am completely sick of hearing about your sexuality. I don't care! It's cool to hear about it once, we can all be like "oh cool he's gay" and forget about it.
    You don't need to mention your sexuality or sexual things anywhere NEAR as often as you do. Especially you, DZK. It's just annoying as all hell.

Shooshy is a very good example of doing things the right way. He's mentioned his sexuality a handful of times, and it's only come up as a joke in almost all other cases. We don't get to hear about it when it's totally irrelevant, and we don't care to hear about it repeated a thousand times.
    [​IMG]
    But nightclaw. No.

And now the part that's relevant to what I just quoted, at the top of this post.
    This part is directed at DZK in particular.
    [​IMG]
    Shark and I have discussed this. We looked at some of your older posts. You've made intelligent, sensible posts in the past! And not long after you joined this thread, you stopped. You are entirely capable of making coherent posts, but instead you make some of the worst posts this thread has. Full of intentionally shitty, "cutesy" grammatical and spelling errors that don't even have ironic value.
    Eight likes. Almost, if not over a third of posts in the last few pages from then were yours. I don't think that's a coincidence, considering most of your posts were some variation of "I'm bored." You couldn't even be bothered to ask for suggestions, or explain why you were bored, or just, I dunno, not make these posts!

And then there's the problem of you just being a dick to people. If you were joking in any of these posts, I can't tell. Which is a problem.

Could you guys
    Try and fix these things

5. To add to what Relinies said, @DaZombieKilla99, we're trying to improve our thread, because right now there are a lot of people who aren't really happy with its quality. The hard truth is that you're a major culprit of being an ass, shitposting, complaining, filling up pages with garbage, and there's really no excuse for it. We're asking you nicely to think before you post from now on, and if you don't have something interesting to say, just don't say it. The majority of your posts lack in both words and content. Our threads aren't your facebook page; you don't need to tell us every little thought that pops into your head, and we don't really need to know if you're bored or not (nor do we care.)

And, as Relinies mentioned, you are perfectly capable of making intelligent, sensible, and meaningful posts on a forum. I've personally looked into some of the things you said on the Chucklefish Forums before you entered the Starstucks. For example:

Why can't you make more posts like this?

Our threads are a place for friends to chat and make meaningful, interesting, and quality posts.
    Shape up, please, because I'm so tired of looking at crappy memes, one-word posts, and members just hanging around on the thread all day with nothing better to do than annoy and complain. You aren't the only guilty one, but you're certainly one of the biggest culprits.

6. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

7. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

8. TachyonBlade

TachyonBlade Phantasmal Quasar

Oh
    I need to actually read thread, because i didn't notice the two posts above mine.

9. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

About all this stuff:
    Shitposting can be funny if it occurs only occasionally
    It gets old very quickly if it keeps going for more than a couple hours at a time, though.

10. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

11. MCMo

MCMo Treasure Box

shooshy greatly does not like the f slur and would probably not like that picture very much
    but I do not speak for shooshy so

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  12. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

I understand why you are a cryptic wanker and that you probably want to be. I used to be a huge asshole on the internet because it was fun making people I didn't actually know mad.
    But every time you apologize you try to play it off as because you know you are a "wanker" and people should expect you to be an asshole again.
    That's like going up to people and apologizing in advanced that you might stab them with a knife.

I provoke you because I don't want to like you. I don't want to become your friend. Soon enough you'll probably realize you don't need to change when you can just fuck off.
    That's an emotional connection I do not need to make. I saw you trying to take the steps forward and acknowledging your faults and mistakes you believe to be there.

So the real reason I treat you like I do is because I know you've gone against the things that I've any respect for you.
    You weren't preaching for people to grow up, you were just being mean to people.
    You're not fighting. You're trying to become what you deem is likable. Ironically, I don't like that.

13. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

He already left

elusiveTranscendent and Tovlyn like this.
  14. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't know how to respond to that.

edit: wait I do
    [​IMG]
    sorry but it had to be done

edit 2: if it doesn'
    t seem like I care about what you have to say,
    I do.

15. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

I still needed to get that off my chest.

elusiveTranscendent and Tovlyn like this.
  16. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*eerie thread silence*

Uhm...should I just leave or what?..

17. MCMo

MCMo Treasure Box

The Purge 2: Thredition

18. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

It is fun every once in a while to just say fuck it and make the biggest garbage ever, but I don't care for reading every page of it and it's probs why I don't comment as often as I should. That along with a lot of my time being taken up on steam, but that's another story.

19. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

You don't have to leave. Just listen to my post. And Shark's

20. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

I don't even know, man
    Probably just shape up, and you'll be golden

TELL ME ABOUT IT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.