Homestuck Clan Thread: 8^y (where y=8)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elusiveTranscendent

elusiveTranscendent Pangalactic Porcupine

The new update happened. :wut: All the avatars look like shit. .-.

2. Even the old ones got new-ified a little

3. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

4. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

5. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

My life is forfeit now.
    Those avatars stare into me.

6. You can almost guarantee nobody actually donated like you're meant too.

7. I'd imagine a lot of people did, considering they've raised $94 million dollars so far as a result of it.

8. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

(Sorry for quoting your post to talk to Swamp)
    @Sw4mpfox Didn't you-know-who challenge you to do that?

9. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

Worthless slacktivism at its finest

10. slowdramaticspeeches.PNG

Heeere we go.

WHY USE A NEW FORUM?

abandon thread.gif

Lots of reasons! But let's not settle with a few and an et cetera; let's go through them. First up, independence. We're sitting here on the Chucklefish forums when the majority of our members are mainly here for this thread. A bunch of you guys have issues with the mods, too. Plus, we're kind of at the limit for what a thread can hold. Lots of you guys skip most posts you miss and you miss out on quite a lot of stuff because we have so many people here. It gets really annoying making a post pinging everybody for something, then explaining it four pages later because someone didn't get an alert and skipped, then explaining the same thing the next day because someone saw discussion on it but didn't read far enough. If we expand to a forum, we can still maintain the thread system, but we'll have mods that aren't disliked (hopefully :( ), an easier job keeping stuff organized because if you need to make an important post you can just make a thread, a more personalized forum, Limit Break...it just sounds better. Obviously it's not better for everyone, but hey, Alucard, like you said you barely read this stuff anyway. plus tdob and nightclaw won't let you leave

KC DRAMA

absurdity.PNG

The problem is not the fact that kC is often rude or whatever it is. It's that we call him out for it...and then nothing happens. I do not remember ever having seen kC apologize. Let's look at yesterday, for example.
    This was in response to me heavily pushing the idea that he should apologize. Even though we may not all agree on the degree of it, I'm pretty sure we're all agreed that kC's behavior is wrong to some extent, and yet he still goes on without saying sorry, without saying that he'll try to do better. This never gets addressed. I don't believe that he doesn't want to get better, though, since he's started to get better already. Before you protest if you're planning to, look at his post history. Though there are still plenty of posts that don't add anything, there are a lot of efforts to participate in whatever discussion was at hand instead of the old "bluh" posts we used to get.

kC's problem is one of not showing that he's trying to get better. It's definitely there, but hard to notice, which makes him an easy target when he does do dumb stuff (which is less often recently) because he's perceived as that guy who posts awfully and doesn't care. Since it is happening...I concede, we should chill out a bit more.

'SHITPOSTS'

facepalm.gif

A post like this can be appreciated. Come on, guys, we've read Sweet Bro and Hella Jeff. We all know the value of ironic garbage. These posts can be hilarious if well-timed. The problem is when they keep happening. Frequent bad posts tend to make people complain. They don't always complain here, but let's be honest, guys, most of you have had a point where you thought the thread was being stupid and you didn't like it. The solution? Telling people. Look at how fast the Avali issue went away once they were informed. Sure, it didn't end in the best way possible, but that was largely due to issues in the delivery. Heck, I'll do one right here.

@gallowsRenegade a lot of us aren't amused by your memes and stuff, we're annoyed. I hear a lot of complaints about them. You seem like a pretty neat guy, but seriously: please tone it down. We really don't need or want a "meme guy." If that ends you'll probably be much more liked.

This leads me to my last point, somewhat. Or maybe my first one. I'm putting these in the order that I think of them, not the order that they logically should be in to garner the optimal effect.

DOING STUFF

[​IMG]

I know it's 10^27 biased coming from an Heir of Breath, but...taking action appears to be a problem here. Oftentimes we don't bother resolving stuff until something big happens. We think of cool, stuff, but don't get it done. We joke about this, but I think it needs to change. The new forum idea will have a lot of benefits, but it'll only happen if you guys make it happen. If you indecisively sit here while posting a tiny bit in the other forum, waiting for it to get more active, it's not going to get more active. Once it's up, I really hope you guys that have said you won't go there or have doubts will reconsider. I think it'll be awesome.

I'll wrap this up with a picture of a gnome.

gnome.jpg

11. Shade215

Shade215 Big Damn Hero

damn son.
    that gnome is off the swaggo slayer meter.
    [​IMG]
    but that aside a very thoughtfull and interesting responce and collaberation of your thoughts,
    i shall sit and ponder it while i plot my next shitpost VALUABLE POST WITH A VARIETY OF INPUT.

12. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*wakes up*
    *sees wall of text*
    *goes back to sleep*

13. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

You're PART of that wall of text. You really need to read it.

14. The Demon of Borders

The Demon of Borders King Homestuck 4.13

Literally the single worst thing you could possibly post.

15. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I am not even a member yet and even I read it.

16. Shade215

Shade215 Big Damn Hero

well he did state he just woke up,
    maybe he didnt want to make some jiberish half awake responce to it?

17. Exxion

Exxion King Homestuck V

Level up!
    You have gained a Skill Point in: UNINTENTIONAL IRONY

18. Padexin

Padexin Big Damn Hero

I do believe I agreed with every thing said in this post
    Wox IS the real MVP
    As TDOB said, literally the worst thing you could have posted at the time
    I'm beginning to wonder if you just have really bad timing

19. Shade215

Shade215 Big Damn Hero

thats my job though

20. RedScarWolf

RedScarWolf Spaceman Spiff

I'm going to go ahead and state that I'm not going to be using the new forum at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.