Homestuck Clan Thread: 8^y (where y=8)

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Starstucks Clan, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxie Stables

Roxie Stables Parsec Taste Tester

Homeless shelters that advertise a certain group of people will almost never deny someone to stay in it because they don't meet the "requirements." They only set it up like that so that people of that group know that there WILL be a safe place for them where they wont be discriminated against, but anyone else not in the group is welcome to come if there also in need. This goes for a lot of homeless shelter types.

2. Aeridan

Aeridan Pangalactic Porcupine

The chase scenes were the most anxiety-inducing things I've ever experienced in a game
    I was planning on picking up the Prime Trilogy for my Wii U so I could play them all again but at Gamestop it was $60 used
    I'll find it cheaper on ebay or something
    Although then again I do have the first two for GameCube so I could just get Corruption if I wanted to play them all again

3. kawaiiChiimera

kawaiiChiimera Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yea, that one early game fight where
    you fought Meta Ridley while falling down an exhaust shaft
    was badass. It had just enough Metroid in all the right places for it to be both a good FPS and a Metroid game.
    edit: fuck I'm on mobile did the spoilers thing work

4. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Yes
    Yes they were. Good god that was just aaaaaa missile spam to the max.

5. Tovlyn

Tovlyn Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Indeed. And up until the point that Trilogy came out it also was the only of the three with the wii-controls, which similarly to Hunters were super-sleek. No seriously, I have played every metroid game except for the first two, and I have still watched some footage from those too, and throughout my years of Metroid, Hunters is hands down the one with the most fluid and at the same time most experimental and unique controls.

6. kawaiiChiimera

I remember playing Echoes couch multiplayer and Kirby Air Ride back to back for hours
    goddamn I miss the GameCube
    best system with the best lineup ever

7. Aeridan

I loved Corruption so much
    I loved the Prime trilogy so much

8. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You are a BADASS. After dying from nighmare about 20 times. I couldn't kill sa-x. Near freaking impossible.

9. Tovlyn

Agreed. Hopefully now that Retro are done with the Donkey Kong game, rumor has it they are returning to work on a new Metroid-game. I don't know what is credible and what of this is pure hope and wishes of the community, but I think it's not an impossibility.

10. I gave up on Fusion for a few months because I was stuck on the fight, then I came back and it was really easy. Charge Beam is the best.

11. kawaiiChiimera

I've been watching Metroid speed runs lately for the nolstagia too
    goddamn Prime and Echoes had so many exploits
    edit: imma watch a Fusion speed run since I haven't seen one yet

12. Tovlyn

Yep, but Prime's exploits weren't as easily done or as amusing as some of the stuff you could do to say Super or Hunters, those two were both very interesting in that regard.

13. Aeridan

Don't even get me fucking started on Kirby Air Ride I spent well over 100 hours on City Trial alone and I was just playing by myself it was just so addicting

Nightmare was one of my favorite bosses from the game
    It was just so damn disturbing

Fuck I want to go replay Fusion and Super Metroid again now
    It would be even better if they released Zero Mission on Wii U, which will hopefully be soon (if not already), since they released it in Japan a while ago

14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Can confirm, died around 15 times because I couldn't use missiles on that one new part, tried charge beam and it was the best way to go.

15. Aeridan

Yeah best way to beat Nightmare was spam missles at the beginning then charge beam like mad while using the ladder on the side to avoid it's attacks

16. gallowsRenegade

gallowsRenegade Scruffy Nerf-Herder

17. Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

18. kawaiiChiimera

19. Tovlyn

Yeah. I like the fact that they stay promptly indoors during rain, but when Pirates or Goblins decide to completely swarm your base your most precious NPCs decides to take a daily stroll, skies filled with bullets and arrows or not.

20. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

Because this is tumblr we're talking about you cis scum.
    Where we're all about separating people into groups of most to least importance.
    I mean "Homess" could just be a white male who identifies as a male! It would be awful to give him money!
    #Tumblrsucks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.