1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED HomeSick - Over 80 Diverse Building Blocks, Now Craftable from the Start!

Discussion in 'Crafting and Building' started by Vib Rib, Dec 9, 2013.

1. ReMark

ReMark Subatomic Cosmonaut

I noticed that, but sadly, I still suffer an odd issue of not having all the blocks that are offered through the mod.
    I haven't really gotten around to messing with my stuff yet, but I am going out on a limb and saying this issue is just happening to myself.

But thank you for the edit-post, regarding the pixel printer. I'll have to check out what that is in game at some point.

2. Flame080

Flame080 Red Gang

hey remark

3. Break-Off

Break-Off Void-Bound Voyager

Bumpity bump. Yesterday I got an Apex character that could only craft modern-looking blocks (steel, light metal, wall panel, modern platform...). Today I made a Hylotl and the recipes won't show up.

4. Aoine

Aoine Void-Bound Voyager

Is it updated?

5. Vib Rib

Vib Rib Tentacle Wrangler

I've updated the main link with a quick-and-dirty fix for v. Offended Koala. This fixes the concrete recipe and makes it compatible with the new .modinfo system. Just delete the old version if you have it installed already, and extract the .rar file to your /mods/ directory.
    Now the portable pixel printer recipes do conflict in a way, but this will be polished up more in the future. The only consequence of it now is that you get a few pixel printer recipes showing up before you technically have the pixel printer. You can make them for pixels in your inventory (as if you had the pixel printer) or just craft them at the crafting station with the rest of the blocks for materials.

6. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Speaking of which, let's even expand the use of Packed Dirt!

7. Eyrok

Eyrok Void-Bound Voyager

I've placed the Homesick folder in the Mods folder, but I can't see any recipes in the crafting table. Am I missing something?

8. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

I also get the trouble of not being able to access the recipes as a Ningen

9. SaintPanda

SaintPanda Cosmic Narwhal

Can I use your mod in my modpack?

10. Orangesoda

Orangesoda Master Chief

Seems to crash if you try to run it with angry koala, the newest update. Looking forward to using this again soon though! (Honestly, at this point I feel racial furniture and block recipes should be in-game D: )

11. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

I have updated the mod myself to work not only with other mod packs, but also with Angry Koala. Would it be right of me to upload it for folks here?

12. Gabrielcorso

Gabrielcorso Void-Bound Voyager

Zakail,i would be really glad if you could upload it,but if the mod creator don't want it,can you send me the link as a private message?
    Thanks.

13. Durandal69

Durandal69 Space Spelunker

Same for me, i love this mod for building up bases around the universe but if he doesn't update it, could you send me the link too, please Zakail ?

14. Ackerfe

Ackerfe Void-Bound Voyager

i would really love to have the link for the update, i really need this, could you please send me a link in a pm?

15. NullPointer

NullPointer Aquatic Astronaut

I was able to get this mod running in Angry Koala by:
    1. Changing the version to "Beta v. Angry Koala" in the Homesick/Homesick.modinfo file
    2. Updating the fall damage fields in the Homesick/player.config from:
    Code:
      "fallDamageFactor" : 0.8,
      "minimumFallTime" : 1.0,
      "maxFallTimeFactor" : 1.5,
      "minimumFallSpeed" : -2.0,
    to:

Code:
      "fallDamageFactor" : 2,
      "minimumFallTime" : 1.0,
      "minimumFallDamageDelta" : 70.0,
      "minimumFallSpeed" : -2.0,
    (copied the new values from the assets/player.config file)

I haven't noticed any issues after these changes, but no promises. Everything I know about starbound modding I learned hacking the config files to get this thing working. I suspect there are more things that need to be updated in the player.config file, but the fall damage change was enough to get it running.

Looking forward to an official update for v Angry Koala.

16. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

The real issue is that the player.config is old as hell and doesn't have the proper merge code. Here's my properly modified version that will work with other mods in the way that Chucklefish intended with Angry Koala.

https://app.box.com/s/b0mllw5h0766e02prf8q

I'm getting a bit sick of having to pm people the link all the time. If the mod creator doesn't want me to supply a properly updated version of his mod, i will happily take the link down at their request. Otherwise I hope you all enjoy and I hope this helps the creator update their mod a bit faster.

17. -Soler

-Soler Pangalactic Porcupine

18. Vib Rib

Vib Rib Tentacle Wrangler

Thank you very much for taking the time to modify the code and add the proper merge lines. I haven't been around much to update this mod and it was kind of you to do so yourself.
    Anyone who wants to use this mod in their pack is given free reign to do so without having to ask, but please credit me if you can.

19. Zakail

Zakail Phantasmal Quasar

Happy to help! I'll certainly be sure to make up some sort of credits list when things are more stable and I consider releasing my mod pack to the public. Until Starbound is less prone to rampant updates though I figure I'll likely keep it to private testing among my friends.

20. Amanita

Amanita Intergalactic Tourist

Is this mod working with the current version? Just found it, wanted to terraform a planet and this will make the process a whole lot easier. Will test it out tonight.