1. Welcome to the Art + Literature sections! Some things to keep in mind:
    • It's a good idea to specify whether or not you're looking for critique from your fellow members. Please don't let friendly criticism turn into an all-out flame war.
    • Art and literature often deal with mature subjects. This is fine, but please keep in mind that we'd like to keep things PG-13. Don't let discussions get out of hand, and if they do, please alert a moderator.
    • If you've got a request, please use the [REQUEST] prefix!

Traditional Hidari's Sketchbook

Discussion in 'Art' started by Hidari, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Mostly a placeholder, I guess. But since I don't want to just type and run, I'll go ahead and post a couple of things I've done in the past.

So I put a sketch of a sketchbook in your sketchbook so you can draw while you draw.

sketchception_by_professorq-d5unbwj.jpg

My apologies; I do not have a scanner. It's chibi Hidari. :3
    chibi_hidari_sketch_by_professorq-d4uxb23.jpg

This is Renee, one of my characters in my really silly world filled with a mix of fuzzies and humans. I'm well aware of the glaring problem with her hands, but I never bothered to fix it in the sketch; I think I was fixing it in the digital version. And for clarification's sake, she's a French Angora.
    renee_sketch_by_professorq-d4uefsv.jpg

And this is Renee's younger brother, Henry. I'll elaborate on his character later.
    henry_marquant_by_professorq-d4ux9vy.jpg

Although this thread is labeled Traditional, I oftentimes do a transition from traditional sketching to digital works. Most of my stuff falls off at the sketch phase, though, and never get finished (mostly because I become dissatisfied with the picture halfway through).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

These are pretty damn good! Id love to see more!

Firebird Zoom and Hidari like this.
  3. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Thank you! I'll see if I can find anything else I wouldn't mind posting.

Biggest problem is that I look at my stuff and I'm like, "eugh, that looks soooo bad, there's no way I can show it to anybody. BURN THE EVIDENCE!"

And then it gets stashed in a folder and forgotten about for years. Hm.

4. Jareix Cryvix

I don't have that problem...

This is all that is left of my shitty middle school drawings...
    [​IMG]
    (Am I edgy enough? :p)

5. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Oh... Oh, my. @_@;;;

Well, I added a couple of more pictures to the original post. Feel free to take a look!

Firebird Zoom and Jareix Cryvix like this.
  6. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

Recreate them with your newly acquired skillz?

Hidari and Firebird Zoom like this.
  7. Crossfang

Crossfang Supernova

Nice works you got there! keep em up!

Hidari and Firebird Zoom like this.
  8. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Perhaps. I really ought get into the habit of that.

Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement, everybody. I've really felt like drawing more because of it, recently. Much love to everyone! <3

Jareix Cryvix likes this.
  9. Jareix Cryvix

Id like to see that...
    I would try it myself, but sweet Jesus I was one twisted little fucker...
    And that's coming from me, so that's saying something...

Arra and Hidari like this.
  10. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Well, it is like the saying goes, "You are your own worst critic." I know that for sure; I was hesitant to even post the Renee picture because I see sooooo many things wrong with it. :rofl: I'll fix it when I go over it digitally (which is the best part of the transition from analog to digital!) so it's not unsavable.

11. HueHuey

HueHuey Parsec Taste Tester

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself, that sketchbook drawing is great!
    hahahahahaha*laughs manically until end of time*

the others are nice too

Hidari likes this.
  12. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Incidentally, I don't sketch still life very often, but I'm alright at it. I prefer comic/manga/cartoon/anime-style stuff and using it to write stories, but I usually find myself a bit too busy or not inspired enough to produce anything worthwhile. :/

Couldn't find much in the way of things I'd like to share, this time, though I did come across a sketch prototype of a gun that I did once.
    quinn__s_gun_by_professorq-d33jw89.jpg

Dragonclaw, Jareix Cryvix and HueHuey like this.
  13. Jareix Cryvix

Need moar dakka...

14. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

So I have been wanting to get back into drawing, so I pulled out my tablet. Then, in a moment of perverted genius, I hooked it up to a display capture device and connected that to my computer and set up a broadcast feed on Twitch.

In short, I am going to be hosting an art stream from time to time!

Feel free to join me tonight at 8pm Eastern Time (5pm Pacific) on my Twitch channel. :3

https://www.twitch.tv/hidariffxi

15. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

Stream will be starting in approximately 30 minutes from this post. ^^

16. Hidari

Hidari Over 9000!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Requests from the Hidari Art Stream show: Fenrir from MSL, a bear (no parameters were given, so I made him dapper af), and a kawaii coffee bean.

17. D.M.G.

D.M.G. Master Astronaut

Those are cute ^^