Hi, I'm Marco.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by walialu, Jul 22, 2013.

1. walialu

walialu Void-Bound Voyager

Hi, I'm Marco Kellershoff, an Atheist who is known as Walialu on the internet and also has some repos on github. I like taking pictures and sometimes videos. I am from Cologne, Germany.

I have a 3y old daughter (turning 4 this November) and a wife.

I spent a lot of time playing video games in the past and I started video games with Monkey Island, Summer Games / Winter Games and Dune 2 by Westwood Studios (pre Command & Conquer) on a 33MHz 386 machine. I also had a hell of a time in World of Warcraft. I hope we, the community, will make this game (Starbound), the best game ever!!

I have an amazon.de wishlist where you can buy me stuff, if you like.

I see myself as a hacker by the definition of the jargon file. I do not claim to be able to hijack other peoples computers/servers, neither i want to hijack them - I just love playing around with computers/electronics.

I mostly do some JavaScript hacking at work, but I'm quite familiar with PHP, Ruby, Python, Java, HTML, CSS, MySQL, MongoDB, SQLite and C#. I love Ubuntu and VIM as my editor of choice.

If you just do an image search in google, you might get some pictures of me, but be warned, they might be not safe for work!

Bacon and Ἄνουβις like this.
  2. demensia

demensia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Welcome to the community !
    You are now reading the official TvK introduction post---​
    []///Warning: Unauthorized Access///[]
    []//Warning:Unauthoriz---
    []///Hijack in progress///[]
    [​IMG]
    []///Authorization bypass complete///[]
    [​IMG]
    ...Welcome to the forums...
    You can probably guess that I have taken over the usual streamed message. Do not fret, I merely came to say Hello.
    Hello.
    I am also here to provide what help I can. One second.
    []///Computing required links...
    []Item #A660-15TX9: Rules and Announcements
    []Item #4B88-TX894: Forum Support
    []Item #T099-Y5Z37: Social/Interactive
    []Item #1X78-11H89: Frequently Asked Questions
    []Item #19TY-BHT87: Contests and Competitions
    []///Links Successfully Accessed.
    Well that should be all that you'll need to get started round here. Enjoy your stay, but be wary, lest I hack your streams as well.
    Only Joking.
    Maybe.
    []///Stream Firewall Bypass Detected///
    []Rebooting
    #*9830//----320===32898##
    []Error: Reboot failed, Shutting Down.

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  3. walialu

@demensia: if you post this for every newbie like me, someone might consider this as spam :)

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  4. demensia

demensia Subatomic Cosmonaut

Not really, it's a post to deliver all of the main threads to newbies, TvK also does it. Basically it's an unofficial official welcome package.

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  5. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well welcome to the forums walialu (hard name to spell!) You sound very interesting compared to the other people that just say "Hi" now and then,so it was good to read that!

I hope you will very much enjoy the game like all of us will when it comes out...which is still a little aways! Have a wonderful-tastical-ness day!

Ἄνουβις and walialu like this.
  6. walialu

THX a lot :)

Walialu is an African word and means friend :)

Ἄνουβις and Core like this.
  7. Core

Core Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You learn something new everyday! :p

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  8. Katzeus

Katzeus Chucklefisherman Chucklefish

Welcome Walialu, if you have any questions about anything don't be afraid to ask. Folks here are very friendly and helpful!

9. failcake

failcake Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hai Marco, i am failcake, welcome to the forums ! :D

10. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

polo

Ἄνουβις likes this.
  11. Welcome to the community !
    You are now reading the official TvK introduction post, this is the line no. 2/33.​
    If you are seeing this message in the "Introduce Yourself !" sub-forum then don't worry, everything is fine.​
    However, if you are - for some strange reason - reading it outside of the mentioned forum then even the God won't help you !
    Run you fool !
    Run for your life !
    Scanning///
    /// Th-cr found, #312 -- #47826
    //- Scan complete, resuming //[]
    There's no reason to panic though, it's not like me, TvK, didn't want to create a personal and fully unique post just to greet you !​
    See, there are just way too many newcomers like yourself to the forum and I can't simply be everywhere at once, that's why you're reading this pre-recorded message.​
    So !
    You've just read probably one on the nicest and honest introduction posts in the whole universe !​
    [​IMG] Hooray ! [​IMG]
    Don't worry, I won't leave you all by yourself in here !​
    I've created this simple and short list of useful forum links just for you !​
    So be sure to check those links before you start using the forum, you might find some interesting stuff in there !​
    TvK signing off.​
    Message complete///
    /// End of stream #21960[#41128].

12. walialu

I like @TvK 's posting way more. It's more appealing to me, because of the color- and font-/size-settings. And it looks not as spam to me (even if it is) :)

13. Hello there Marco. Nice to know you then, welcome to our community ;)

eheh, I'm Mr.Bacon, the Official Bacon of Starbound. If you ever need some Bacon, just Call Me! :proper:
    If you wish you can join a clan/fansite, iLoveBacons is a friendly one where you can chat, ask your questions and have fun! ^^