Chat Hels Chatroom IV: Helen High Water

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hel, May 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigEaredKittens

BigEaredKittens Master Astronaut

I'm trying to be humorous, but thanks anyways. :cathug:

2. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Oh, my bad, sorry.

3. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Don't know Xenoblade, don't know Brandon Sanderson. Don't know any anime. I am waiting with Skyrim 'till I exchange this potato (low power but has been lasting for years) with a lemon (a giant burst of power and will probably catch fire within the week), listening to D&D must be boring; I'd rather play DDO, and what in the hell is a backloggery.

If you want a list of all the crap I should still get around to you can get one. It's quite long.

http://imgur.com/a/QbltY

I guess I'm just going to continue with The Sith Lords.
    We should all play something together sometime. Haw haw.

4. BigEaredKittens

Awwww yussssssssss~ THat is good kitty~

5. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Thus, why I provided links to Backloggery and Random.org.
    Hmm... Have you played any of the Touhou games yet?

6. Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

Summer is stupid in Germany. Why are insects suddenly everywhere? I can't even open my window for a few seconds without forty-five billion winged insects coming in.

7. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Luftrausers, Tower of Guns and Enter the Gungeon are the closest I've ever come to bullet hell games.

Waaaait a minute.
    I never mentioned to you that I was ever going to play Touhou games. As a matter of fact, I only ever mentioned that to Charlatan.

What is going on here!?

8. BigEaredKittens

they try to escaep the heat, I guess.

one time we had a really bad storm that damaged the town. The bugs took refuge in home days beforehand. I spent half day killing masses of flys trying ot get in any way possible.

It was quite strange.

9. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I assume everyone has to play Touhou at some point in their lives if they want to live a wholesome life. It proves to them that they are not the best at everything, it proves without a doubt that they can always improve themselves, always get better. The glass ceiling is made out of flimsy glass, all it takes to break it is persistence, luck, and skill. But most importantly:
    It proves to them how much better I am than them.

10. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

@Jimlad 42 , do you know why I picked that show? My sister recommended it to me. If she liked it, it can't really be that bad, can it?

The Purple Dragon and Jimlad 42 like this.
  11. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Y'know, the only reason why I might want to play it is because Charlatan sent me a song and I liked it. I'm certainly not a fan of the concept of dodging the dozens of projectiles shooting across the screen. I can barely dodge the bullets in the Binding of Isaac, and those are small amounts in comparison.
    Not saying it's a bad game or anything, just not my style.

Most certainly, I can live my life without playing a game.

I just choose not to.
    :p

12. BigEaredKittens

dodging social bullets is a par ot fod pbeing socail !!!

13. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

No, don't worry, I was joking. I was kind of making fun of myself for having watched so many anime lately with such deep plots.

Speaking of, anyone know of any good anime with slightly less deep plots with minimal fan service? (I'm not a fan of it.)
    It's surprising how... easy they actually is. they're by no means easy games but... they're set up well that it doesn't feel extremely hard while you're playing it. It looks more impressive than it is.
    Which isn't to say it isn't impressive, and amazing feeling. It is.

14. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Boku no Hero Academia.

The only fanservice you'll (not) see is Invisigirl, and she's... well, invisible. Like 100% of the time. She can't turn it off.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  15. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

[​IMG]
    Just another day playing games. Easy peasy, lemon squeezy. Totally winnable by a total pleb (aka me)
    I'll try it sometime but I don't think I'm gonna make it far, bud.

EDIT: I just noticed I'm a "pangalactic porcupine"
    BUT I'M A PARROT
    WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO HERE PEOPLE, GIVE ME ANOTHER EXISTENTIAL CRISIS!?

16. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Heh, like the intention is to beat the game. No, the goal is to make as much progress as you can. Brag to your friends how far you've made it, not if you've beaten it!
    (Although, if you do manage to beat on of the games, brag. Brag like there's no tomorrow. Keep bragging because you just did the (near) impossible.)

But yeah, I've never BEATEN a Touhou game, that's not easy at all. But I've made progress on some. The 15th game has a checkpoint system with infinite retries. I got to a point that I could not get past. I tried. A lot. Over 100 times. The game just stops counting at that point. I figure I had 200-300 tries on it. That was some boss fight. But I think that was the final boss, so that's cool.

The Purple Dragon likes this.
  17. Parrotte

Parrotte Supernova

Sounds like a recommendation. I'll look into it sometime I guess.

Jimlad 42 likes this.
  18. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

How I felt this weekend, especially to a few people IRL

19. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

I know how it feels. :cathug:

The Purple Dragon, Hel and Jimlad 42 like this.
  20. Firebird Zoom

Firebird Zoom Oxygen Tank

Nope. I've only watched three anime, finished none of them, and I doubt any of them fit your criteria.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.