1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

HELP!

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by saint9789, Aug 7, 2016.

1. saint9789

saint9789 Void-Bound Voyager

I was playing and the power went out and now my save is gone. almost 98 hours into the game and its all gone. i know this is a common issue and some have been able to pseudo fix it but i cant make heads nor tails of what they are talking about.

2. Geth270

Geth270 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can try to use a backup file, to restore to the point of when you last save&quit. Or you can wait for @Iris Blanche to show up and he/she (it?) may be able to fix that for you.

3. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

You have to restore one of the backups that starbound made. In order to do this you have to go to your starbound install folder. There you will find a folder named storage. Inside this folder there are 2 more folders: player and universe. Go into the player folder because you want to restore you character ;) Now you will see a lot of files named [ID].player (and there will also be .bak1-3) and the same goes for .shipworld. If you have only one character there will only be one ID so you don't have to track down which id is affected. In order to restore the backup (.bak1) you have to delete the faulty .player file and replace it with the .bak1 (Same goes for .shipworld but this file shouldn't be affected so restoring the .player file should be fine)

If you lost your bookmarks and/or outpost progression too then let me know. I'm able to fix this :nurunaughty:

~ Iris ~