Modding Help Help with Startup crashes? *SOLVED*

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Ignara_Lux, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Ignara_Lux

Ignara_Lux Void-Bound Voyager

So, I've been trying to figure out Why my starbound continues to crash constantly when trying to mod it as of late before even getting to the title screen just after the chucklefish logo, and then about 4 minutes of waiting on a loading screen before getting a crash , with no luck. Removing the mods that had been added since it started to crash hasn't worked, reinstalling starbound hasn't worked, Verifying Integrety of game cache hasn't worked, Administrative Privlages and Combatability modes haven't worked, Reformating my entire system hasn't worked, (kind of extreme, but i'm getting desperate) it keeps crashing with the same error, dispite my best efforts (and few days of searching.) i've had no luck, can someone help me out with this?

Here's my Starbound.log from the last attempt: https://pastebin.com/WpGaaaK8 and also the crash notification it gives Starbound error.png

2. projectmayhem

projectmayhem Spaceman Spiff

Im sure you noticed, but you have a ton of duplicate named objects.
    From the original post, I think you are making your own mod correct? And the game started crashing while making your own mod? Will it run if you remove you mod? If that works, post your mod and I'll look through it. If removing your mod doesn't help, look for mods that change the character creation screen, seems to be what the error is based on.

DrPvtSkittles likes this.
  3. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Didn't notice a character extender being loaded (you may have one but I didn't see it). If you're using FU now, you MUST have a character creation extender or the game crashes - I use xbawks.

And yeah - weeding out the duplicates really needs be done! Your load time must be measured in hours! :p

4. Ignara_Lux

I'm most definately not making my own mod, just cause i have no idea how to code. And i didn't realize how many duplicates were trying to load, also, knowing that my character extender isn't loading helps a ton. i'll take a look into that and post again when i get some results.

slowcold likes this.
  5. Ignara_Lux

Thanks for the help! knowing that there was duplicate objects and that the chararacter extender wasn't loading gave me a point to start from, and now it's working again! Though i have no clue if i got rid of all the duplicates.

slowcold likes this.
  6. slowcold

slowcold Pangalactic Porcupine

Log file will tell you if things are defined twice, so you'll be able to see if there are stilll dupes hiding in there. :)