1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Help with Content\LooseSprites\Cursors.xnb

Discussion in 'Support' started by Shoukry, Mar 20, 2018.

1. Shoukry

Shoukry Big Damn Hero

I added two mods, Shane Girl Mod and Stardew Valley Girl by Adarin that edit the Content\LooseSprites\Cursors.xnb file individually. Being not completely useless with Photoshop, I was able to remove Sebastian riding the motorcycle from the Cursors.xnb from the Shane Girl mod and added Sabrina riding the motorcycle from the Stardew Valley Girl mod. No big deal. However, something in these two edits messes with the window and torch lighting, adding black specks in the light.

I have narrowed it down to this being the troublesome file as I completely reinstalled the game, reinstalled all mods one-by-one checking the game as I added and then replaced the edited file with the original once I got to the Shane Mod. And I have tried taking the original Cursors.xnb file, replacing Sebastian on motorcycle and passed-out Shane pixel-exact to no avail.

Since I'm not planning on dating either this isn't problematic, but there's some principle involved in having it work correctly, so any help with how to correct this would be fantastic.

I've attached a screenshot of the black specks and the edited Cursors.xnb file--Sebastian and Shane are both down in the bottom right corner.

Attached Files:

• MouseyPounds

MouseyPounds Cosmic Narwhal

It's probably something messed up with the alpha channel, which is the layer that controls transparency. I know nothing about Photoshop, but be sure that when you copy the main layer that it's also copying the alpha information. It might be easier to make those changes via Content Patcher since you wouldn't have to actually edit the original cursors file yourself and can instead just specify which area to override from the mod files.

• Shoukry

Shoukry Big Damn Hero

Perfect, I'll give that a go. I've played around with portraits and building images before and haven't had anything like this happen, but they're also less impactful than world objects, I assume. I use Content Patcher already for a couple of mods, I didn't even think to use it to make my own.

Much appreciated!

• margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

• Shoukry

Shoukry Big Damn Hero

That is interesting. This is the thread I downloaded XNB Node from, but I obtusely glossed over the "Note regarding cursors.xnb!" because, when I saw it was unpublished and, in my mind, unstable, I downloaded the other version. I'll check it out when I get back to my home computer. Thank you very much for pointing me back to that!

margotbean likes this.
          • Shoukry

Shoukry Big Damn Hero

@margotbean I carelessly forgot to report XNB_Node 0.2.2 resolved the issue. I will still continue to struggle my way through the coding for Content Patcher as well, but wanted to say thank you for pointing out the XNB_Node fix.

margotbean likes this.
            • Pathoschild

Pathoschild Tiy's Beard

Shoukry likes this.
            • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

Wow, I'm so glad it worked, and you're infinitely welcome!