1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

HELP!! Game Crashes On Sleep After Upgrade

Discussion in 'Support' started by jpaxron, Aug 8, 2017.

1. jpaxron

jpaxron Space Hobo

So my game is crashing every time I sleep, I've had this problem a few times before but have always been able to resolve it apart from now. Usually, if i just run the game as an administrator, or restart and try again a couple times eventually my game will save and move forward, but I've tried probably 10 times with no luck. For context, its Winter of Year 2 and it is the first day after finishing my final house upgrade. I've tried running the game as an administrator, emptying my inventory before sleeping, and sleeping immediately on waking up, but nothing has worked. I have no new quests, no mods, and to my knowledge nothing has changed but my house. Each time I go to bed, a window pops up saying Stardew has stopped working and needs to close.

I'm running the game on Windows, but I know essentially nothing about computers so I dont know how to find the problem. I have made a new save file with another character and have no problem saving that one, but I don't know what is wrong with my main save file.
    Also, it's just version 1 I think, I downloaded it from a third party website not knowing there were more recent versions available so I'm not even sure how to update or if i can

Please help if you can!! It would suck to get this far and not be able to play further. I'll provide any detail I can, but again, I'm totally clueless here.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2017