1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Health Pack 0.1 (Upbeat Giraffe)

The Health Pack keeps your body alive and ticking so you can keep the adventure going!

1. Snigery

Snigery Subatomic Cosmonaut

Snigery submitted a new mod:

Health Pack - The Health Pack keeps your body alive and ticking so you can keep the adventure going!

Read more about this mod...

2. Miralyth

Miralyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Hi Snigery. Thank you for your contribution. I'd like to suggest that you add a description of exactly how the mod works, if you don't mind.

Does it regenerate while you're outside of combat? While you're standing still? While no monsters are nearby? Are any resources or time constraints involved? Is regeneration the actual function, or does it work in some other way? All that sort of stuff.

Thank you again. I hope your mod does well!

3. Snigery

Thank you for the request. I wasn't so sure it would be necessary to state the gritty details like that, not that it is anything complicated. The mod currently uses a borrowed status effect, which if I understand the values in the script, regenerates health over a period of time. The rate of this regen would be equal to healing your entire health bar over that period of time. This does mean that it will heal a consistent % of your health per tick.

As for functioning under any other conditions, that it doesn't do. Although because the rate is quite low compared to the damage you may take, also considering other effects like radiation or poison will "scale" with your prolonged exposure, the regeneration will not keep up with it.

So while the healing is not extraordinary, it is something I found nice to have prior to the Upbeat Giraffe, although I did tone it down a lot. I did this for two reasons, because rather than modifying the survival system like I did before, this is a unique item. My second reason was that I noticed there is a tech - two actually- which involve regenerating health and energy (although they may not be included yet). So this item is meant to be a nice substitute to the game experience as surviving is quite manageable well enough on bandages and med kits alone, considering you can plant vine tree's which provide the plant fiber.

If it is really necessary to add an explanation of the script in the mod description I will at a later point, but I don't see detailed explanations such as that to be common. Knowing too much about how something works can ruin the simpleness of the experience.

If you do have any ideas for what you would like to see, let me know and it will give me "focus." My initial version of this mod did involve a light source (requested by a user) however around the time I was tinkering adding that, It corrupted my character. Safe to say I won't be adding that until I'm sure I won't be responsible for a lot of unhappy people.

4. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Intergalactic Tourist

Which version is this for?

5. Snigery

Upbeate Giraffe Unstable

6. Wiseacre

Wiseacre Intergalactic Tourist

Thanks!

7. Miralyth

Miralyth Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm sorry for the late reply, Snigery. I do agree that explanations aren't all that common here, but my experience with other game mods has been that descriptions are a staple element. Detail helps players to identify if they would like to use the mod or not. Some times, the general idea behind a mod may appeal, but the execution isn't what the player is looking for.

For example, I recently downloaded a mod that makes more items available via the use of crafting tables. The mod did not have preview images of the tables, but I found that they were too large for me and I didn't enjoy their aesthetic. It also did not describe or provide images of what items the mod had to offer, as many of them already coded items that were unavailable through current play and also not original additions. I didn't enjoy the idea of not finding items that would eventually be available through exploration. It took me some time to explore the mod, which I eventually uninstalled. In effect, it would have saved me a good deal of time to understand the details beforehand. I'm sure this situation applies for other players and mods, as well.

I do appreciate the time you've invested and taken to reply to me. Thank you again!

8. Snigery

That's very understandable, for a mod to have a lot of content but no explanation. Taking the time to see what the mod changes in game can be tedious, and I certainly do give more of an explanation on my other mod aa Battery here which does have more depth to it. I will keep in mind that if it is information which you should know, such as whether it is crafted at a specific crafting table, or where to find the changes, I will include it.

9. Zetaomega

Zetaomega Master Chief

Is it compatible with the latest update? I need something to help me with the penguin mech boss and I don't feel like using some crazy weapon mod

10. Shadowstitch

Shadowstitch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks! I really like this mod! Works great in Unstable Giraffe.

Despite all the naysayers who like to shoot down any suggestion of Regen with "GIT GUD" or "BANDAGES ARE ENOUGH" or "CARRY A TENT"...I can't see any reason why the game shouldn't have equipment that slowly recovers health at a reasonable rate, if the player chooses to seek them out, build them, and spend an equipment slot on them. I'm a little surprised there wasn't a regen tech or equip already!

I'd love to see this item upgradeable, (like a simple branched upgrade recipe which requires the Health Pack, along with more items, to create a version that emits light, and/or heals faster, etc, ) but I'm happy enough it exists at all.