1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Having trouble hosting modded server on Linux.

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Krominicon, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Krominicon

Krominicon Void-Bound Voyager

So, I have everything set up properly, I think. I set it up using the steamcmd, using this tutorial, http://starbounder.org/Guide:LinuxServerSetup , but all this did was show me how to do the basic assets of the game and not mods. So i looked around on the forums some more and found a neat little command, steam>workshop_download_item 211820 <number of wanted mod>. I used this to install a couple of mods and i have the same mods installed correctly on the computer i'm trying to access the server from. In theory everything should work right? but then I get this error: "Exception caught in client main-loop (EofException) Failed to read full buffer in readFull, eof reached." I have no idea what this means. I restarted the server, although i'm not sure that's how linux works. I'm using linux mint, which is the same thing as ubuntu, just a different GUI, which i'm not using because it's a server.
    Anyway, if you have any questions about my explanation, (I tried to be super detailed) just ask, any help would be very appreciated.