Harvey's Flu Signs

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Heather36782, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Heather36782

Heather36782 Master Chief

Does anyone know if there are any mods that have Harvey's Doctor office signs in it? Flu sign...eye chart..etc. I'm a dork, I know, but I would love these in my farmer girl's house.

If not, would anyone be willing to make them?

MrsVicious likes this.
    • MrsVicious

MrsVicious Void-Bound Voyager

I just joined to say that I can try to make it for you. I'm kind of new to modding but this sounds like a fun try. I'll post back soon!

• MrsVicious

:D So I made it able to be bought using CustomFurniture mod on Nexus by Platonymous. So you need Smapi, CustomFurniture OH and CustomElementHandler ( Custom furniture needs this).
        I took note the flu sign is a slightly larger than the others in game. I left it as is but if you want to mess with the png go ahead. I uploaded to Mediafire: http://www.mediafire.com/folder/b8zht22ekchbh/MedicalSigns Let me know if it works!
        medicalsigns.PNG
        PS if you are having trouble the folder goes into the Stardew "Mods" folder:
        Stardew Valley\Mods\CustomFurniture\Furniture\MedicalSigns
        The placement looks odd until you try it in your house, you'll see it's for placing it center on wall.

If I'm not allowed to post this type of files let me know >.> I can try to make medical related furniture.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
          Heather36782 likes this.
        • Heather36782

Thank Thank Thank you!!! I love these so so much. I can't even express how awesome these are. If only I could get a hospital bed in my house...I think I have issues. :geek:

I am having trouble with my mods, of course. I installed both in the mods folder and put the .json file in the furniture and the custom handler element crashes it everytime. I have left it out and tried it without it, but it won't load without that mod also which I knew. I was hoping for some Doctor Harvey signs in my house kind of intervention. I will continue to research and see what I may be doing wrong? Or a way around it. Any help would be amazing. I wanna cry...

MrsVicious likes this.
          • Heather36782

Okay, I deleted some of my furniture paintings and replaced them with these little gems. So so happy! If you are ever up for making some more medical stuff, I would be delighted! Yay!!!!!!

MrsVicious likes this.
            • MrsVicious

You are very much welcomed! I'm glad you found a way to make it work. I wasn't sure if it would cause issues but I was ready to look more into modding anyway so this seemed like a great chance.
              I almost actually went with making the signs craftable but wasn't sure if it would work inside the house (like using fiber to craft them).
              :D I know to get the bed in it would have to be in 2 parts so you can ' get under' in it.
              The CustomFurniture mod made it easy for me to get it in game, so maybe I can attempt to get the bed as another practice since it's bigger. It wasn't too hard to make furniture you just need to get the info in json correctly. ( this took testing to figure out what I kept doing wrong so it was lots of restarting stardew and going to robin to shop and see if the item is there.)
              But the true way I saw was it shows and error in smampi ( red text) it means a mod won't load and you need to fix something. I just exited and look at the file to make sure I didn't make an oopsie in code info.

Brb going to try my hand at making one of those drips :p

Heather36782 likes this.
              • MrsVicious

OKAY! great news! I made the medical drip, threw in a few existing furniture from the game AND put in 2 beds, the standard bed ( you can't get in it) and I made another you can get in but looks different than the standard. ( it's in 2 parts BUT you can get in!)
                I changed the file to be Medical stuff instead of Medical signs so all you need to do is delete the medical signs folder and put this one in.
                Let me know if it works. With edits eventually my spriting should get better for editing, hah :p
                http://www.mediafire.com/folder/whbe8im8t0boe/MedicalStuff
                New link to the updated set. Feel free to open Json and change the descriptions. Make sure to go buy with enough inventory space!

Heather36782 likes this.
                • Heather36782

I am very excited. I will try tomorrow! I hope Custom Furniture works for me this time. If not, I will have to figure out how to move the files into my furniture file. Excited!!! You are so nice.

• MrsVicious

Should be able to download folder at the top of the shared link, hmm posting of where it should be placed in the mod folder. You don't need to delete the other medical stuff, the newer link I posted just included more stuff :>
                    Actually let me also go grab a picture of the items in game :) so you can see how they look.
                    Pictures of how it looks when you shop at Carpenter store ( robin) and I placed items in my shed to show them all. The decor items can go on tables :D and the drip you can stand behind. Also posted both beds, top one you can get in the bottom you cannot. Also, the items in inventory!

I really want this to work so you can enjoy it :p
                    Oh my these images are large... let me go figure out how to make them smaller.
                    Medical Location.PNG
                    Robin store.PNG Robin store 2.PNG
                    Robin menu...
                    Medical inventory.PNG Inventory
                    medical shed.PNG Medical bed.PNG medical drip.PNG In shed, the medical stuff :)

captain kaltz+ likes this.
                    • MrsVicious

You might want to match the objects to a more medical themed furniture. I'm not sure if there is a table/desk mod to match it.
                      If you do find one that's awesome! but If not I'll try and make some too. Maybe I can also fix the issue with custom furniture but I'm not sure if I messed something up or gave bad directions :D if it doesn't work still tomorrow I'll put all the necessary files together so you just have to drag and drop and that's all.
                      EDIT: I came back and have the Mods folder here! Zipped it so you just need to unzip it.
                      https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.mediafire.com/?2tcac781xbuif

I tested it without other mods and it works for me.
                      Mods folder.PNG should be this here
                      Also, not sure if you set up smapi to launch from steam but that's how I open the game. Not sure if it's different if launched from desktop. ( I have mine set to have achievements so had to follow this:https://stardewvalleywiki.com/Modding:Installing_SMAPI) I run windows so I followed the one for it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
                      • Heather36782

Thank you so much. I can’t check it right now. I launch from program files 86/stardew, not from desktop and I have Smapi. I also use Windows. I also don’t buy from Robin. I use the CJB spawner if that makes a difference. So it is a mod by itself or with the Custom Furniture? I’m very much just learning with this stuff so I’m sorry. I’m just so grateful to you. Amazingly so. I can’t wait to try this!!!! I will let you know!!!!

• MrsVicious

I can't say I know too much about how it works but maybe it should be fine? Wish I knew more but maybe a random member can chime in. :)
                          I used the custom furniture mod to get the items in (I got it from Nexus) so it's not functional without it.( It tells smapi to make sure the game recognizes custom items without issues). This is the one I downloaded https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1254 and it said it required Custom Element Handler ( so I included both in the zip but the link has another link at the bottom of the description for Custom Elements).

I've only gone to Robin's to buy it and don't have CJB spawner, so I'm not sure how CJB works with it.
                          It's not my mod :D Just added in to it. I haven't given it thought as mine since it's mostly from the game with exception of the edits and the drip. Still learning more about this as I go myself so it's possible it'll take me time to figure out.
                          I'll download CJB spawner and see how it works and if it lets me get to the items!~
                          Relaying back in a bit.

• MrsVicious

It doesn't show up in CJB spawner BUT :D I got the furniture catalog item and it shows up in there. All the way at the bottom of the catalog. My guess is CJB spawner doesn't access custom items? I did see my test crafted telephone (something I was working on recently) show up which was interesting. The catalog is the same one you can buy at Robin's store so it displays all she has in shop.

I was working on that darn telephone so I can call NPC's that are available during certain hours in case I miss them after farming the day. I realized coding it was something I can't do well yet, so it's abandoned for now. :p

Anyhow, I'm excited! Hopefully you can find it and it works.
                            That CJB Spawner mod is pretty cool! Thanks for mentioning it, it'll be handy for testing. I have to go get modded up soon ( so many great mods out there) making it hard to choose. I have vanilla game house but got a corgi dog skin :catsparkle: Truly the cutest!

• Heather36782

I cannot get this to work. The zip file said it was corrupt and the .json and .png files I put into the furniture folder of Custom furniture which I placed into mods folder as well as Custom Element Handler. When I loaded, I got lots of red text. I don't know...I have mods, but they are only portrait mods and seasonal immersion and content patcher. I don't think any of those would interact with the furniture mod. I may try to use the .png's in my furniture tile sheet. I just wing that though, so I don't know if I can. sad....thank you for all your work. I am gonna see what I can figure out.