1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Hard clean and cloud was enabled but lost ALL of my data

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by JoelManfredi, Sep 5, 2017.

1. JoelManfredi

JoelManfredi Space Spelunker

I just want to know if there is any way shape or form to retrieve lost characters and worlds, because i did soo much stuff just to have it all deleted while steam cloud was active but i had to hard clean my pc. Just to let you know that i still have all my mods downloaded and i checked all files and there were no character or world files in there.

Edit: I had to Clean out my pc and move from windows 10 to windows 8.1 while doing a hard clean (windows 10 sucks) and there are no bug reports, i just want to retrieve lost data.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

The storage folder of starbound is saved within the game folder. If you haven't made a backup of this folder your data is lost. :c Starbound doesn't use the steam cloud.

~ Iris ~

3. JoelManfredi

well this sucks, Rip my 200+ hours of progress

4. SpazDiesFirst360.0

SpazDiesFirst360.0 Phantasmal Quasar

Well, I lost over 400 hours with a eof error. Did the folder seem to just "delete itself"? If it did, you may have a virus on your computer :eek:. Or you accidentally trashed it. If you did trash it, there is a chance that it was not permanently deleted and you may be able to restore it. Otherwise RIP.

If you can remember what you had, create a new character and spawn it what you can remember. However, that can require some mod asset digging (if you use mods).

5. JoelManfredi

Well ya see I had 1 character that had ALOT of stuff that I've had and I started to use frackin universe soo I had even more materials (also if you didn't read what I've said, I had to clean wipe my pc and switch to 8.1pro from Windows 10 because my pc needed cleaned of data) and I had a hardcore character as well. I had 3 extra characters because of before 1.0 came out most of the mods I had made file errors until they updated them.