Dev Blog Happy New Year!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Kahvi

Kahvi Phantasmal Quasar

Pet UI! Yesss.....

now to try and capture something beefy or something.

2. xxboopityxx

xxboopityxx Void-Bound Voyager

Happy new year

I was curious if there were any updates for when the game will be on the preview program on the xbox one? Thank you yall are great.

3. BackwardCap

BackwardCap Master Chief

I just take the hover bike now.

4. Corraidhín

Corraidhín Supernova

Not a fan of the flying buckets strapped with a door, an engine and a small windshield, I preffer the old mecha designs, but we ll see what changes

5. BloodyRain2k

BloodyRain2k Pangalactic Porcupine

For me it doesn't make a difference, I only take scratches all over the place. Contact damage is not threatening to me, just a major annoyance. I can still rush planets the same I did before, only making a few more minor stops for healing up (regen tech).

Anyways, where's the 4th tech slot gone to? Is the nano skin being removed again and we go back to need gear for the resistances? o.o

6. Kid Jupiter

Kid Jupiter Scruffy Nerf-Herder

First things first, welcome back and a happy New Year! Question: Does anyone know if we're going to be able to name our pets? I think that'd be a nice touch.

7. moremuffin

moremuffin Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed that too, hopefully we can go back to a survival system that's more than "equip appropriate suit and forget".

8. Oberic

Oberic Spaceman Spiff

Right now it's basically like that, but instead of placing the pod into a slot, you send it out like a Pokémon, throwing the ball on the ground. The capture pod doesn't technically actually leave your hand now though, so it's much less likely that you'll lose a pet outside of discarding it.

9. Garatgh Deloi

Garatgh Deloi Master Astronaut

While i love the addition of a pet UI, i hope you add a display showing the monsters health outside of the inventory screen (im thinking something similar to the party UI perhaps).

Since looking in your inventory screen for the pets health in the middle of combat is impractical.

Also, incase someone asks why i would need to see the pets health in combat, there are healing flasks (or was it bottles? bombs?) that can be thrown to heal your pet (and anything else they hit). So seeing its health in combat would help you know when to use said throw flasks/bottles/bombs/whatever.

10. claudekennilol

claudekennilol Space Kumquat

I haven't played recently so I don't know if this change has been released, but I'm glad to see that blob of dirt as an inventory tab be updated to something else.

11. Harass

Harass Space Spelunker

Happy New Year and welcome back!
    I agree about wanting to see the pet's health on screen. Throwing flasks at them would be funny, imo.

12. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, this is a serious disappointment: As in, you can't catch and display even critters. Love the pet system though, but please let us display all our other dozens of catches! Kind of makes the whole pet system pointless after you've caught your favorite one.

13. MrStrangerPL

MrStrangerPL Pangalactic Porcupine

As far as I know, it doesn't work at all now. You can only capture critters, and if you capture one, release it, and accidentally blow it the hell up, it dies and never comes back. So rework is needed anyway. My idea get's rid of that problem, and can trully make pet your own.

14. NonBritGit

NonBritGit Cosmic Narwhal

Much more refined in the nightlies.

15. General Nuclear

General Nuclear Supernova

its good to have you all back

Faeryheart likes this.
  16. Murplesman

Murplesman Void-Bound Voyager

Please fix the bug where all animals are aggressive! PLEASE! :nurusad:

17. Tweakz

Tweakz Void-Bound Voyager

Happy New Year CF Team!
    I took a break for quiet some time with Starbound to not burnout of it. Anyway i installed the newest version a few days ago and still notived some performance issues with a 2-4 man server. Can you give ups a heads up when we can expect some performance work on server/client side?

Thanks so much.

18. Garatgh Deloi

Thats not a bug. There used to be a bug that caused creatures set to passive to be aggressive. But they fixed that. The problem now isen't a bug, its that all the new creatures are set as aggressive.

19. Solzucht

Solzucht Void-Bound Voyager

Looks as if pets are finally exchange/expand/evolveable :)
    (Any difference to my snake in the ship is good i guess :p)

20. Garatgh Deloi

Im rather sure the ship pets will remain the same. The pets mentioned now is the capture pod pets.

Solzucht likes this.