Other Hand Sketches

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by JetBlack, Dec 20, 2013.

1. JetBlack

JetBlack Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I started playing Starbound recently and went psycho over it. I started looking at some fan art and thought they were awesome. I decided I could make some of my own, even though I have the drawing skills of an 8 year old, I only hope to improve.
    Since I can't do any fancy digital art, or pixel art, I thought I should start with sketches. Would love some critique by the way.

EDIT: Never really mentioned what this really was. This is a Novakid that I based off of a drawing of two Novakid fighting, (not sure who its by).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013
    Whaleduck likes this.
  2. hydrablood

hydrablood Tentacle Wrangler

2013-12-20_00002.jpg Can you please draw my male Avian Quautlieztli (eagle blood(i think)). Thank you. Also if I post this on a social networking site e.g. facebook, do you want me to name you, as the artist.

Attached Files:

3. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Even tho i cannot figure out the face, thinking it is either a Hylotl or a Novakin, I say you are quite a good sketcher :3

4. Cedarfang

Cedarfang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice job. Hoping to see more.

You can tell he is a Novakid using the brand on his face. :)

Whaleduck likes this.
  5. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

Yeah that is what rubbed off on me but when i saw the small spots i thought he also might look like a frog or something along those lines.

6. Cedarfang

Cedarfang Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh, and since I am honestly curious, what was your base image for this?

7. raser12

raser12 Sandwich Man

I think you are judging yourself a little hard, more practice and you could be a good artist.

8. ernestopresto

ernestopresto Subatomic Cosmonaut

Great start and good attention to detail! I'd suggest trying to draw the lines in one smooth motion that way you can get the feeling of the pose more so than just the outline. That way when you go to draw other poses of the same character they'll look more natural too. Look at pictures of people in trenchcoats (think Mal from firefly) to get a good reference. Keep drawing!

9. JetBlack

Well, this was it. Different angle but I used the main image i guess.

Attached Files:

10. JetBlack

11. JetBlack

Never thought somebody would make a request :p I don't mind doing it and you can expect it by the end of today. For the whole credit thing, I wouldn't mind if you put up a link or something so I could get more requests.

12. hydrablood

Thank you so much.

13. JetBlack

I guess I kinda over exaggerated, mainly for the fact that I know alot of great artists and I've seen some amazing works of art. I only aspire to be as good as they are :D

14. JetBlack

Here is the not so long awaited sketch. I know I said end of today but I really wanted to do this.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

hydrablood likes this.
  15. Whaleduck

Whaleduck Big Damn Hero

That drawing made me smile @JetBlack :3

16. hydrablood

This looks good, thanks so much.

17. JetBlack

Whaleduck likes this.