1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Gun Assembly 1.2.1

Break guns into parts, assemble parts into guns! Gun customization.

1. hopelessperson

hopelessperson Orbital Explorer

I'm having the same sort of problem, though I'm trying to connect pistol parts only. The gun splits up but no combination, even the original three pieces, result in a real gun.

Also, when I put parts into the assembler and then put a gun in the top slot, the pieces in the lower three disappeared.

2. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Can you reproduce the problem, then pastebin your starbound.log and post it here?

3. hopelessperson

hopelessperson Orbital Explorer

I figured it out. I realized that one of the pistols was actually a machine pistol, so i got it working again.

4. PineappleWarrior

PineappleWarrior Big Damn Hero

i found that if you, for some stupid reason, put a piece of the gun into the top slot while the original gun's still there, it gets rid of everything but that piece...

5. Healthire

Yeah the code for the inventory stuff is quite difficult to get right so it's probably quirky. For now try to not do weird stuff I guess. =/

6. PineappleWarrior

PineappleWarrior Big Damn Hero

ill try not to loose all my valuable guns stupidly :)

7. KACB_24

KACB_24 Orbital Explorer

I can't seem to extract the file, Is it incompatible with mac? if not, what program would you suggest for it?

8. Healthire

You put the .modpak file in the mods folder. You don't extract it.

9. KACB_24

KACB_24 Orbital Explorer

okay groovy, thank you

10. Ulithium_Dragon

Ulithium_Dragon Space Kumquat

This is the kind of mod that meshes 100% seamlessly with the vanilla game! It SHOULD be absorbed. Too bad they've seemed to have stopped absorbing good community mods (at least for the moment...).

I hope this works with crossbows - they're such a GIGANTIC pain in the arse to farm, especially if you're trying to get the variants with elemental bolts...

11. Healthire

If it doesn't work with crossbows it's a bug. It should work with all randomly generated guns.

12. Ulithium_Dragon

Man that sucks! Still, AMAZING job on the mod! I'm going to have to build my own crossbow mod, aren't I? I've been trying to farm level 10 planets for elemental crossbows for DAYS now... Y_Y

Just a question, is it a bug because of something you did, or because of an issue with the random generation of crossbows? Because the creator of the "Creative Mode Mod" didn't add them, either to his spawner box that he somehow managed to literally just spew out an infinite amount of randomly-generated guns...

13. Ulithium_Dragon

What exactly is broken about crossbows? I was at least able to disassemble them properly, but I haven't tried assembly, since I have yet to find a crossbow with decent damage from a level 10 planet, and so far I have only found poison, which is the elemental type I least wanted...

14. Healthire

IF it doesn't work with crossbows it's a bug. That is to say, it probably does work with crossbows.

15. Ulithium_Dragon

Sorry - I was pretty dang tired when I read that post... n.nU

It's working fine with crossbows - thanks for this great mod! :]

16. Randou

Randou Scruffy Nerf-Herder

this mod is amazing, and one of my favorites despite having several bugs to be corrected.

I would like to make some suggestions to improve the mod:

1) - The stock of the weapon that determines the type of projectile that can be used, why not enter a new machine that decompose the stock into 2 pieces a blueprint for the type of ammunition and blueprint for how the stock (same case for parts of the body and barret)

2) - the current machine that dismantles the gun is very large (and also can not place objects encimal it) I think it's possible to make it smaller

3) create a machine to paint the parts of the arms (or the weapon already assembled) to be used, that would be much appreciated by fans of this mod

PineappleWarrior likes this.
  17. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

Hello I was wondering how do we disassemble the guns I spawned the station from Tabula Rosa but when I put a gun in there it doesn't show the 3 piece's of the gun it just stays blank do I NEED to craft it at the Metalwork Station or is this mod just not working for me
    P.S. I am using vanilla guns not modded ones. Also P.P.S. does this work with Gubz's Better name for Weapons mod?

18. Healthire

It only works with generated guns. Most crafted guns are just one image, but the gun assembly station relies on the weapons having 3 different sprites.

19. D9sinc

D9sinc Big Damn Hero

Where can I find Generated guns because I've tried using the random gun crafting mod and even found guns in chest and still no luck I know the mod works because I can make the Gun Assembly station just fine.

20. Healthire

Any gun you find out in the world should work. Are you playing on stable or nightly? Afaik the mod only works on stable.

The gun goes in the top slot and the parts should appear in the bottom slots.