Gryphon!

Discussion in 'Vehicles and Mounts' started by Hard Drive, Apr 9, 2013.

?

Like or no like?

1. Like

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
  2. No like

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  1. Hard Drive

Hard Drive Big Damn Hero

BASIC STUFF

The Gryphon is a flying mount that you may find really high in the sky on desert planets or something similar. Like most mounts, its not going to cuddle up beside you the first time it sees you, so you have to tame it first. To tame it, you would need 5 bones from some sort of undead monster and 5 pillows for it to lay on. When you click on the griffin and take the items from your inventory then throw it at the gryphon, the gryphon will be tamed and you may fly it.

FLYING MECHANICS

So, we need some sort of way to fly it of course. First, of course (Valors my name, accidently rhymings my game!) you need to get on its back. Every time you click it flaps its wings and you go into the air slightly. Use the arrow keys or WASD or something to control the way it flys or moves. Clicking really fast and moving would be good, but you dont wanna fly into space and die, do you? So you have to control how your flying, one click every 2 seconds would be okay for just regular straight flying once your in the air.

DAMAGE AND HEALTH

It can't be invincible, can it? No, it cannot be. The Gryphon will have 25 health and will do 1-3 damage with Normal Attack and 5-10 with Special Attack. Basicly, not alot of health or damage but still can fly.
    "But the game isnt out yet? How do we know what 25 health is?"
    Okay, the default punch would be about 2 and a weak sword would be about 5.

APPEARANCE

Seriously? You thought I was gonna leave this out? Anyways, it would like a bit like gold and yellow-white. It looks alot like a giant bird. It will have purple eyes, by default. You can customize your Gryphon with dyes(If they add them) or paint (Again, if they add it)

You support? You press the like button.

nababoo and WoxandWarf like this.
  2. Hard Drive

Hard Drive Big Damn Hero

First, of course

Thats the thing your supposed to look at.

3. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

I do appreciate that you took the time to put in different damage and health amounts but as of now we have no idea whether 25 health is dying in one hit or taking forever to die. :)

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. Hard Drive

Hard Drive Big Damn Hero

Ill edit the OP and change some stuff to make it clear.

5. KuroHinotori

KuroHinotori Spaceman Spiff

In response to your signature, bright colors can still be hard to read when the background is dark, especially when there is a lot of the bright text given that bright colors can be hard on peoples' eyes.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Hard Drive

Hard Drive Big Damn Hero

Okay, how do you like it now?

7. SLOW_oranges

SLOW_oranges Pangalactic Porcupine

I do like the concept but it could use more refining such as a deeper mechanic. Perhaps adding a feature like feeding the Gryphon could give it a speed boost or extra damage?

WoxandWarf likes this.
  8. Hard Drive

Hard Drive Big Damn Hero

I dont see why not, but what would we even feed him? Steak? Cupcakes? Kind of hard to say when starbound isnt even released.

9. Kirby64

Kirby64 Space Kumquat

First, pour the flesh of humans into a large bowl. Then-
    I don't know. Maybe special food?

10. Bine

Bine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

... Gee. My icon totally has nothing to do with this topic. At all.

>.>

Birds plz.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  11. SLOW_oranges

SLOW_oranges Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe giving different food to the gryphon could cause it to have a different effect, even if it might be a negative effect or just a visual effect.
    Would also be really cool if there was different breeds of gryphon

12. DarkBirdo

DarkBirdo Phantasmal Quasar

You could give it armor with the same effects as racial armor(+ health +energy +damage) of the different tiers(separator, manipulator, accelerator[I think])