1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Graviton Projectors - Broken V1.3

Defying Gravity!

1. Storm_UK

Storm_UK Existential Complex

2. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Does this mod have side pushing/pulling? I'd love to be able to gather all materials in a line to one place, for example (even if it doesn't affect players in such a case). :D

Great idea, btw.

3. Storm_UK

I plan on updating my outdated graviton rails mod and including that into this one in near future, which will enable horizontal 'tech'-free travel.

4. Matzurai

Matzurai Aquatic Astronaut

Bug: When the gravpad is turned off by a gravring, the output does not change to off as intended

5. Storm_UK

Which class/size category of pad/ring? Likely got one of the object keys wrong.

6. Matzurai

Matzurai Aquatic Astronaut

It's the MT1

Edit: just tested it with ST1 and ST2, with same result

7. Storm_UK

You mean the wire output signal? Think I see the flaw, should be fixed on next update (nearly midnight so will have to wait til morning!)

8. Storm_UK

9. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, I've noticed that the gravrings appear to have no effect on liquids. Is this something fixable, or is there no way to effect liquids this way?

I'm wondering because I have a mod in that allows me to use lava as a low-grade fuel substitute (with a little refining) and I wanted to set up on a Lava Oceans Planet and just have a refinery built to suck up an effectively-infinite amount of the stuff and process it.

10. Storm_UK

Sorry I don't believe liquids can be effected by the area force created via lua code.

11. Xavius

Xavius Cosmic Narwhal

Aww... drat.

I guess I'll have to find other methods of doing that. Oh well, your Graviton Projectors are great for getting around in my modded ships. The Tiered Orpheus Mining Colony has a ton of vertical ascent tubes, all of which are a pain in the ass to traverse without a good deal of help.

12. thakyZ

thakyZ Cosmic Narwhal

@Storm_UK I found a problem, it is when you put an inbound node signal into the gravitron rails or gravitron rail stop it doesn't cycle, I believe you are missing this line of code in their lua scripts:
    Code:
    function onInboundNodeChange(args)
      if args.level then
        cycleSetting()
      end
    end

13. Storm_UK

Storm_UK updated Graviton Projectors - V1.21 UG with a new update entry:

Wiring Nodes

Read the rest of this update entry...

Also thanks thakyZ for noting that script mistake. Gravrail Stops you should find will now have two sets of nodes, one inbound and one outbound for each side of the stop, positioned accordingly.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  14. geegabyte

geegabyte Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Having a lot of fun with this mod! One thing, though, I can't figure out how to work with the prefab tubes. They're invisible but I get a blue matter manipulator and place them, but when I do nothing appears to happen except that they seem to teleport me back to my ship.

15. Storm_UK

The prefabricated bases/tube objects should not be accessible (except thru admin mode) at present, as the script part which builds the tiles from them has been removed. The holoblueprint objects are included for future compatibility with an Architects mod I am working on, where this scripting will be 're-enabled.'

16. Nosferatu_Alucard

Nosferatu_Alucard Phantasmal Quasar

the crafting table looks like a tardis control panel.

17. geegabyte

geegabyte Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thanks for clarifying that for me. I was messing around in admin mode just to see the capabilities of the mod, so it's all working as intended.

18. Storm_UK

Heh yes, I was aware of that! It was based off the Replicator crafting table, as you probably are aware. That Accelerator crafting table though...

[​IMG]

19. blahblahdrugs

blahblahdrugs Star Wrangler

I'm having an issue where I have a very long chain of rings, around 1500 blocks in depth total each of them spread no more than 19 blocks apart (bottom right corner to bottom right corner starting at 0), and sometimes they work perfectly but more often than not while my world loads chunks because of the distance the rings I haven't fallen through yet haven't received the updated setting. I end up falling extremely fast and dying because of the chunk loading. Is there something I can do to fix this other than building multiple elevator shafts every few hundred blocks (which would suck considering all the time I put into this one!)

Observation I just made after posting is that sometimes after the chunk loads I fall a bit before the ring even renders and thus get no slowing effect.

20. Storm_UK

You might have just exceeded the scripts checking range for object entities, which I think is 18 blocks apart, up to which it loads each world chunk before checking that area for appropriate objects and sending the setting signal as it propagates up/down the chain. That probably won't solve the issue if you're falling faster than the world chunks can load though once the game decides any of those chunks is best removed from its memory.

Thanks for the observation - maybe a script alteration which checks if a player is within its area bounds and tells the game to load the world chunk above/below, which should mitigate if not completely solve this issue.

21. blahblahdrugs

blahblahdrugs Star Wrangler

Happy to test it whenever.