1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

GOG Update Delay

Discussion in 'Support' started by Aidoboy, Apr 6, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Aidoboy

Aidoboy Subatomic Cosmonaut

Does anyone know why 1.07 isn't on GOG yet? It's been over a day, it would be nice to get updates at the same time as Steam users.

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

That's a question which should be directed toward GOG. If they have the file, release is dependent upon their system processes. If they don't have the file, then CA will have to make the appropriate preparations for submission to GOG which is obviously not an instantaneous result lest the GOG and Steam versions are exactly the same.

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

It may also be that Concerned Ape just wants to do a little bit bugfixing before he releases it to GOG ...
        according to the bugreports of the people who have it on Steam, it seems like the newest version still containsmore than just a few bugs

• RushToward

RushToward Big Damn Hero

ConcernedApe[S]16 days ago
          "Steam's back-end is very easy to work with as a developer. It's so easy to update the game. With GOG there is much more of a process involved, and that's why the updates to GOG are not as quick or often as Steam. Whenever I post a significant change to Steam I try to follow it up with the GOG update ASAP. Sometimes, if I know that there will be a few minor patches in quick succession, I will wait to aggregate them for the next GOG build. Another thing with GOG is that they are in the opposite time zone for me, and they are out of the office on weekends. Their system isn't automated like Steam's; an actual person at the GOG office has to receive my new build and do something with it. So there's lag built into the process. There's nothing I can really do about that."

uberlobster likes this.
          • Melvin_T_Pelvis

Melvin_T_Pelvis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

GoG updated to 1.07 either late last night or early this morning. I opened Galaxy this morning and the game was updated to 1.07

• KingArtX

KingArtX Void-Bound Voyager

I love GOG and buy my games there, but they need to make updating more attractive to developers if they expect to keep drawing in newer games. I've been using their feedback system to send them quotes like that. They need customers like us to not envy Steam users, and they need developers like CA to not be frustrated with the slowness of their update process.