Race Glunaught

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nirn, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

well the whole thing is 3 frames, and when it is in game is seems to be looped (going off the most recent 1 hour of game footage), so I did a short animated and did what they did. I can make a mouth close sample too though.

2. Zain Hallows

Zain Hallows Existential Complex

you should make the finial frame closed mouthed ;3

Nirn likes this.
  3. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

Hey nice more stuff! Looks good... not sure want else I can say... Keep up the good work!

Nirn likes this.
  4. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Maor!​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The shell blink is just too adorable. ​

5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

*Imagines this one with a Glunaught wearing Red Tinted Contact Lenses to make their Eyes look evil red* :mwahaha:

Nirn likes this.
  6. Model QT-377665

Model QT-377665 Ketchup Robot

I like them but personally I would have them actually be the gems and minerals, make it a bit more unique and kind of fill the "Sentient Rock" area

Nirn likes this.
  7. Torren

Torren Ketchup Robot

Man, this race has gotten so much attention. I've been peeking in on some of the more popular community suggestions and I have to say I'm really impressed with the sprite work samples you've been getting done for the 'nauts. Even if chucklefish doesn't add your race as an official character or even a cameo on a distant world, I'm certain you can find the passion and talent to put your assets in game as a mod!

Edit: forgot to mention. "Shy Glunaughts have been known to keep their heads in their shells at most times making the phrase '“Coming out of your shell.”' quite literal."

I freaking loved TMNT Live, coming out of your shell made me who I am total in no small part. Something something, stand straight, no need to mutate.

Axe Garian and Nirn like this.
  8. Model QT-377665

I suppose if mods are introduced Racial benefits could be applied, especially on Mutliplayer servers if that's possible

9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I don't remember for sure, but I think the Glunaught Racial Armor Set Bonus was gonna be extra defense.

10. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

I' was thinking of adding more passive abilities or maybe some fancy attacks. But most benefits come from armor.

Zeklo and Axe Garian like this.
  11. Model QT-377665

I was referring to more traditional Racial benefits(This Race Breathes Underwater, is resistant to Disease, etc.) not armor bonuses, since what I've heard is that Race choice will be mostly cosmetic if Mods are introduced which actually apply Racial Benefits(And Detriments) They could be applied then if they are not in the vanilla game.

Axe Garian likes this.
  12. Brutaka316

Brutaka316 2.7182818284590...

Well, I remember on one of the developer posts they stated that the Glitches racial benefit was that they mine faster, so it's a little more than just cosmetic.

13. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

Fixed. :up:

Gear Set Bonuses aren't the same as Racial Attributes. ;)

Edit: Idea: A Glunaught Starter Pet that's like a Glunaughtized giant Bearded Dragon!!! :DD

Brutaka316 likes this.
  14. LarryTheLastStarfighter

LarryTheLastStarfighter Astral Cartographer

This is definitely one of the best race ideas ive seen.
    I'd say it's the Glunauts, the Zaahir and the Liberi in the running for the 8th race (pun intended).

Hey thx Axe G I like ur helmet-mask combo dood!!!!!

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. HedgeFlanders

HedgeFlanders Big Damn Hero

I wish this was put into the game

16. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

You iz own bestest grammarz?

17. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Now now. He corrected himself. No need to be rude.

Jonesy and Axe Garian like this.
  18. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

on an unrelated note Where is everyone getting these avatars?

19. Model QT-377665

Lobo.

20. centor111

centor111 Cosmic Narwhal

I must seek him.... or her