Race Glunaught

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Nirn, Jun 21, 2012.

1. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

[​IMG]
    Introduction
    By; Wacky Wocky of Vector^2, #21

[​IMG]
    orignal intro

“The Glunaughts are, as previously mentioned, amphibians. They have a large shell covering their back, short tails, and slightly textured skin which needs regular moisturizing. They also have bright white eyes. Glunaughts also have one slightly odd trait, gills. Though they are now useless, having lost their function from a long passed nuclear war. They’re also one block taller than humans with a turtle-like ability to retract their head and neck into their protective shell.”—

[​IMG]

--“From an outsider’s point of view they seem to be a rather cheery, happy-go-lucky race, but do not be tempted to mess with them. They hold friends and kin rather close at heart and will stop at nothing to protect one and other. This, combined with their extreme strength, can be a deadly and brutal end for anyone who posed the threat. It is stated that a Glunaught can smash a diamond with as little as one stomp.”—

[​IMG]

--“Glunaughts began their life in the cavernous regions of the planet Makazi, dwelling in the miles upon miles of caves which spanned below the surface. The caves were very damp with a multitude of rivers, and were lit up by thousands of glowing crystals and minerals, leading the Glunaughts into a future of mining and geological knowledge.”--
    [​IMG]
    place holder

--“The Glunaughts fondness and affinity for crystals has led to them incorporating them into their weaponry leading to a long line of ranged lasers. Albeit, the Glunaughts rarely use these guns, often preferring swords and shields, and selling off the guns for profit. They’re very famous for their light shields, amongst other things.”

- WackyWocky (vector^2 #21)

I will reduce image sizes soon.
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Details
    Lore
    Sometime after The War of Boletes (nuclear holocaust) the Glunaughts were able to get back on track, their technologies advanced greatly and they eventually developed a suit that allowed them to venture deep into The Siccus , Makazi’s only desert. After many years of exploration a team came upon ancient alien wreckage. Through reverse engineering the Glunaughts were able to propel their technologies lights years ahead, and enjoy an early entry into the cosmos.

The males and females of this species are extremely similar, so much so that the idea of gender roles and any sex based judgment to practically nonexistent. The only exterior difference between the two genders are the tail lengths, with males (left) have longer tails than the females (right)

[​IMG]

Withdraw
    Glunaughts, like Earth turtles, can retract their heads into their shells. This is often used to fit in doorways suited for a smaller species or in some forms of attack. Depending on the personality a Glunaught may hide in his or her shell when embarrassed, sad, or ashamed. Shy Glunaughts have been known to keep their heads in their shells at most times making the phrase “Coming out of your shell.” quite literal.

[​IMG]
    place holder
    Customization
    Like any other species Glunaughts have slight facial difference from person to person. However they lack a distinct feature such as hair, and different frills to tell some apart in an instant. In order to get past this they began using face paints.
    [​IMG]
    place holder
    ___________________________________________________________________________________________
    Latest Update

i am currently working on the mod for Glunuaghts.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Sprites
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Glunaught Species Database
    Theology
    Quatonoism
    Deities

Lowivella
    Dominicras
    Stelias
    Uros

Zoology
    Crystal Backs -huge thanks to Dragonith
    Mawesaurs
    Scoria

Plants
    Agriculture
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________

Fan Art/Gifts
    Please show these lovely artist your support!

Imagination/Free Samples/First fan art -Dragonith
    Bluenaught -EddyOkapi
    Quaggle 1/2/ Morning Coffee-Brutaka316
    shield bot/Fighting-naught/Darthturtle/Keep walking-DarthKitten
    Crystalline Oasis -Tojo
    _________________________________________________________________________________________
    Support

Sigs
    To give more support please link your signature. thank you!

[​IMG]
    More sigs

[​IMG][​IMG]
    More avatars

WallPapers
    1.UnderGround Battle

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. Gumdrop Meadowz

Gumdrop Meadowz Cosmic Narwhal

You have created awesome. Congrats! Not only is this creature quite unique and not "earth-ish" really in much sense, it is actually very appealing, also! Would they have a slightly easier chance to dodge to make up for their extra height and easy target-ability?

3. Knartz

Knartz Orbital Explorer

Space Turtles :D

Nice work! Especially the fact that they do want crystals über alles!

TheMXL, Dragrath and Nirn like this.
  4. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

Space turtles?
    Have they ever visited Earth?
    kappas.

GravityFlux, Squiddy and Nirn like this.
  5. Seiga

Seiga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I really like the detail you've put into this. Pretty solid suggestion!

TheMXL, Squiddy and Nirn like this.
  6. Zeklo

Zeklo Heliosphere

If they create a competition for a race so far I vote would go to you, I love the avians so much that I was 100% sure I was gonna choose that for my race, but if this is added I will have a hard time. Keep up the good work!

Squiddy, Nirn and Gumdrop Meadowz like this.
  7. Fireninja404

Fireninja404 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i bet these species were very excited when they first found a crystal planet

8. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Oh extremely. :)

Squiddy, Zeklo and Ravenous Space Rat like this.
  9. Kcribbin

Kcribbin Phantasmal Quasar

I really like this idea for a race, this will probably be my first race choice if it's in the game. :D Great job with the detail and art btw!

Nirn likes this.
  10. Uncleleroy

Uncleleroy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I would play as them they are so ccooool

Nirn likes this.
  11. Run Juan Run

Run Juan Run Big Damn Hero

i like it!!

Nirn likes this.
  12. kablump

kablump Industrial Terraformer

dat tail

Nirn likes this.
  13. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

[​IMG]

Crystan, Fathomir, Akikana and 19 others like this.
  14. FlameCascade

FlameCascade Subatomic Cosmonaut

Oh my god, I love how much you've developed the lore on these guys. I would be all for these being in the game!

15. Sol Pruina

Sol Pruina Over 9000!!!

This is awesome! I hope Chucklefish gets around reading this thread and implements it into the game.

16. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

Good presentation, although it is likely that the height difference you specified would create many problems and therefore would not be implemented.

Nirn likes this.
  17. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Yeah I feared that. I did my best to make it to were they could fit in human sized entrances, but I worry it may not be enough.

TicklyCactus, Squiddy and Zeklo like this.
  18. Swinburn

Swinburn Phantasmal Quasar

Yeah, other than that I like this idea. I like that despite it being a turtle race they aren't short and stumpy like they would usually be presented.

TicklyCactus and Nirn like this.
  19. Ravenous Space Rat

Ravenous Space Rat Cosmic Narwhal

Teenage mutant ninja Glunaughts?

SupaTigaPoo and Nirn like this.
  20. Nirn

Nirn Existential Complex

Thank you, If Chucklefish does contact me, and ask for a smaller size, tbh I would have no issue with that. Also,the secret is to throw some salamander in with the turtle.

Fund it.