1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Giant Ruined Teleporter Look-Alike

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Treadlight, May 12, 2013.

1. Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Well, I made it to the tundra stage reliably, and found this in the bottom left nearly immediately.
    [​IMG]Click the image to go to its respective steam community page.
    Ominous...
    There's also one on the other bottom corner of the map, but it was blocked off by the terrain generator.

• Yakko

Yakko Space Spelunker

Yeah, at least one spawns on every Tundra level. No known use yet. If they have one in beta.

• Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

It would be so cool if you could summon an optional boss with it and go to a bonus level :D

Who's with me?

• Shrooblord

Shrooblord Void-Bound Voyager

Some kind of ruined temple or alternate dimension, maybe?

Venom likes this.
          • Rawrquaza

Rawrquaza Existential Complex

Yeah, there is definitely room for some really neat secrets/bonus areas or a raid boss or something here. Makes me excited! :metroid:

• KenboCalrissian

KenboCalrissian Master Chief

Once during the alpha, I saw the Ring of Whatchamacallit spawn right in the center of that thing. I have no idea how or why, and couldn't find any way to replicate it. It's very possible it was just a coincidental drop from a Vagrant, but the placement was perfectly in the center... and I recall being surprised by it, which I shouldn't have been if I had killed a boss there.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Ring of what? Was it that dark purple ring with a skull on it?

• KenboCalrissian

KenboCalrissian Master Chief

Yeah, that one.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

That would be the Wicked Ring.

Anyway, on topic, it would indeed seem like a really interesting addition to have something like a type of teleporter that has a small chance to appear in a certain level. I'd imagine one that looks smaller and worm out, perhaps as a possibility to unlock another character. It sounds similar to the possible branching paths in spelunky that way, in my opinion.

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

How about this: after you charge up the usual teleporter and are ready to blast off, you can opt out and take altar/telepoter thingie instead. It could lead to an intermission level between levels N and N+1, or it can replace N+1.
                      It also could have a level, money or total item amount requirement.