Giant grass blade Mini-Biome

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Quillon, Feb 17, 2017.

Tags:
?

Would you support this idea?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes, but would change something (explain)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Quillon

Quillon Subatomic Cosmonaut

You know what the Savannah/Dry Grassland planets need? Their own unique Mini-Biome! I did a lot of thinking on what could be added, and I thought "we have giant mushroom, we have giant flowers, how about Giant grass?

The giant grass biome would consist of tightly packed grass blade "trees" and a dry dirt surface . The terrain would have scattered boulders and giant anthills (perhaps with giant ants? )
    There would be giant ladybugs wondering around the surface, and they'd be in a procedurally chosen color.

Just an idea, but I hope you guys consider it!

2. Brockster17

Brockster17 Phantasmal Quasar

Good idea, but I picked "Yes,but would change something" because giant bugs from earth dont make sense. It needs... Enormous versions of garden biome monsters. Yea.

3. Lord Humungus

Lord Humungus Big Damn Hero

Insectoid monsters are a must. If you're able to limit which parts can show up for monsters do this, picking only arthopod-style parts.

How to make it work for vanilla:
    Crops for this one: Sugar cane, wheat, corn, currentcorn, boneboo on grounds of all being grass and of course reed plants.
    Monsters: Tintip, Snaggler, Crutter, Snaunt and Bobfae.
    Bugs: Eh, just do a random mix of 6 out of the savannah/garden/desert bug pools
    Critters: big worm, blue butterfly, snail, groop, krawl, maggot