1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Garden Planet (Not the garden biome) ideas.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Coalsack, Jan 20, 2019.

1. Coalsack

Coalsack Void-Bound Voyager

I've a base in a pretty forest planet with those wonderful pink trees. It has a repurposed (by me) glitch castle and a steampunk manor with large crop fields, a bath, a museum and a treasure vault. There's is too a...particularly friendly Floran village. Those three things make for almost half the planet.

The question now. I want to make the rest of the planet a garden.

-What kind of structures should I add?
    -What are the best mods (if any) that I should use for it?

2. SillyLeaf

SillyLeaf Aquatic Astronaut

For mods, you might like to use:
    - Nostalgic Greenery (Seems to be the best shot around!)
    - Immersive Scenery (I guess most of the stuff from this one isn't the best for a garden but... might have! I'm not sure if you can craft the objects)

About the structures... What about make something based from the Garden Planet in Guardians of the Galaxy 2? This may look great!

Ah, there's also some unused statues from the devs and paintings, I guess it fits inside structures of an big garden
    https://starbounder.org/Category:Disabled

Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
  3. Daikon Ocelot

Daikon Ocelot Spaceman Spiff

Just go to their villages and settlements. There are many buildings there that you can take example of.

Like the Floran tree houses. You can make some houses made out of bamboo and leaves for the Floran village. You may also want to take a look at the Glitch villages. They have a simple example of houses that you can improve. While for the steampunk, you can see the example in the steamspring mini biome. There some steampunk buildings there.

As for the mods, it seems I can't help much. I think SillyLeaf have already mention some good mods you might want to try.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019