1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Gamecrash, then save file corruption

Discussion in 'Support' started by therealrazor, Mar 7, 2016.

Tags:
  1. therealrazor

therealrazor Yeah, You!

Hello, after playing for 20 hours since release my game just froze. Now when I open the application it gives the error message "no saves found".
    Some help would be greatly appreciated.
    I've uploaded the save file to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/so87auoj180fllu/AAB9p-0opoO-a1Q-J9zTA84fa?dl=0 if it is any help.
    Thank you for this great game, everyone is having so much fun!

• Uncle Malky

Uncle Malky Space Hobo

I do hope some kind of fix or process can be implemented for saves getting corrupted, I lost a 40 hour save and don't have the xml skills to fix it myself. That said I hope its not something that CA or Chucklefish have to do on a one by one basis.

• addidas199

addidas199 Big Damn Hero

Yeah, I'd really like to help, but without every single value from your pre-corrupted save file i can't, as each value in your save reads as NULL, hopefully the DEV will see this, and help you out.

• therealrazor

therealrazor Yeah, You!

I've started a new game already, that really speaks to this games qualities. I've decided to backup the savegame myself before each session.
          In Starbound the game has a log of 3 savegames back in time, this has saved my save a couple of times.

• BuenoNino

BuenoNino Orbital Explorer

Really? The game just launched, one guy programmed all this stuff, and you speak like that? C'mon, don't be a prick. If you can do a backup of every single .xml, why don't you? CA is working his butt off to make this game perfect, no doubt why this game is top on steam right now, so chill, wait for a solution, and don't be a prick for no reason.

• therealrazor

therealrazor Yeah, You!

Ok, i might have been unclear, this game is fantastic, thats why I restarted after that much lost progress.
              I am just reporting a bug, and yes it is completely understandable that this kind of indie game has a couple of them. Yet they should still be reported so the developer has a chance to catch them.