1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Resolved Game stopped working after latest update

Discussion in 'Support' started by Wiktor, Jan 17, 2021.

1. Wiktor

Wiktor Space Hobo

Hi guys.
    I downloaded this game from GOG some time ago, but started playing it recently and I love it.
    The problem is that when I got to the middle of fall year one, the game crashed when I tried to go to sleep. No prompt, just black screen and back to windows. While researching this topic I noticed that my game is a really old version (1,03 if I recall correctly). So I updated it to 1,53 - and it stopped working altogether. When I try to load a game, it ejects me to the desktop. If I try to start a new farm - the same.
    Will reinstaling the game help? And if so, is there a way to keep my saves? While I wasn't playing it for long, I don't want to loose the progress I made.

• Wiktor

Wiktor Space Hobo

FIXED! Yay!
      Okay, so the solution to my problem was really simple. I copied the save from my Appdata folder, unistalled the game, downloaded it from GOG again, this time in the newest version, installed it, copied the saved game back - and everything works like a charm! And the previous problem (crashing while saving) is also fixed.
      I'm gonna leave this topic here if someone runs into the same issue on his game.