1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Game restarts when trying to load save file

Discussion in 'Support' started by tjbye, May 24, 2018.

1. tjbye

tjbye Space Hobo

I recently edited my save file in order to change my farm from a riverlands to a standard farm (Y1, Winter, Day 4). I make a backup as recommended, and on the same day I was able to successfully load into a new standard farm with all my stuff still on it. However, the next day when I tried to load into my farm, the game went straight to the Chucklefish Logo, and then to the home screen. The same thing happened several times, and even when I replaced my new edited save file with my old version (from the backup) the game wouldn't allow me to load in. I created a brand new world (which I had no trouble loading into) and copypasted that SaveGameInfo into my original world, but that didn't work either. I tried restarting my laptop and even reinstalling the game. I've been troubleshooting for a few hours, but I just can't seem to figure out what's wrong with my save file or my game. Any suggestions or insight?