1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Game resets monitor brightness in fullscreen

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Silverforte, May 15, 2017.

1. Silverforte

Silverforte Spaceman Spiff

I've been playing Starbound in fullscreen mode with a profile for it in the Nvidia control panel on windows 7 for years. I just upgraded to windows 10 (not a clean install). Everything is exactly like it was before except I had to reset everything in the nvidia control panel. The only problem I'm having is Starbound keeps resetting my brightness settings in the control panel to default which is way too dark on this monitor. It's the only game that does it and I've got no idea why. Even checked my power settings. Any ideas?

2. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Try a full reinstall of your nvidia driver. Be aware that this will reset every profile you created.

~ Iris ~

3. Silverforte

I forgot to mention. I updated my GPU drivers as soon as windows 10 updated.

4. Iris Blanche

An upgrade will keep most of the settings. A complete reinstall of the GPU by checking the "perform a clean installation" will reset everything to default. Also the brightness setting can be adjusted in the nvidia control panel to either get handled by applications themself or by nvidia. This may be worth a try too.

~ Iris ~

5. Silverforte

I performed a clean install, always do this to be safe. I've also scoured the CP and can't find anything about allowing it to control the brightness/color settings over any other app. This is only available in the "Manage 3D settings" category and applies to things like Anti Aliasing and Vsync, not color correction.

6. Iris Blanche

How about the desktop color correction of the nvidia CP? Maybe it's also related to any settings in the game DVR of win 10?

~ Iris ~

7. Silverforte

I have the game settings in windows 10 like DVR disabled.